“Put This One On Your List”

Slightly North of Broad
Ranked #13 of 1 000 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went here with an out of town visitor I was looking to impress a bit. Was not disappointed, found SNOB to be one of, if not the best restaurant in Charleston I have been. Seating is tight but still allowed for an intimate dinner. The waiter was the best, great recommendations. I've made it a habit of trying shrimp and grits at the various restaurants that I've been. SNOB's version is definitely the best, they've taken it to another level. Thought it funny that the busboy brought me a spoon after I had ordered it. Started eating with a fork and the waiter suggested i use the spoon, he said you don't want to miss a drop, he was correct. My friend had the BBQ Tuna, almost everyone's head nearby turned when they brought it out, had never seen a piece of tuna so large and it was excellent also. I have a new place where I will take those "special" guests when they are in town

Write a ReviewReviews (3 783)

118 - 122 of 3 783 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We ate at SNOB on our fourth and final night in Charleston and this restaurant did not disappoint. Julianna took excellent care of the 4 of us. My husband said she was particularly well versed on all the local beers ( he was very impressed). We had wine and the white wine berry sangria (so refreshing and unique) to start off the meal. The bread basket was filled with both regular bread and corn bread. For appetizers we had the beet salad, strawberry salad, baby lettuce salad, gazpacho and the blue crab soup ( a daily special). All were excellent. My mother in law ordered a beet salad every night of the trip and said tonight’s at SNOB was the best. For mains we had the Shrimp & Grits ( another best of the trip), a tile fish special, and the east coast halibut. The halibut was an extremely generous portion which was perfectly cooked. It was accompanied by bok choy, snap peas, and Carolina rice which was cooked with a bit of coconut milk... incredible. We did not get dessert at the restaurant instead choosing to walk around town and grab a scoop of ice cream. This restaurant is owned by the same restaurant group as Halls chophouse which we ate at the night before. Easily the 2 best meals of the trip. This restaurant has an open kitchen in the back along with a bar that you can eat at near the kitchen. If it were just my husband and I next time I think it would be cool to have enjoy a meal from that vantage point. Do not hesitate to try this restaurant you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I have never experienced service like SNOB. By far the worst service i have ever received at what is considered a high-end restaurant. Our tab was $350 and not worth it! Will never go back and will never recommend. Food was average at best.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We tasted different things and they were all very good. The plates were on the small side though. We were particularly impressed by their salads, which were awesome. Excellent service also.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Food was outstanding , waiters and bartender amazing .. they remember us from a visit in September ! There you go ! Need I say more !!

1  Thank fayfay006