“A classic”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a nostalgic, authentic seafood joint, best one this side of Shem Creek. Lines can be long, but worth it as the fried shrimp or fish come out hot and fresh. Nice beer selection too. Try to claim a seat that faces the water and catch a sunset if you are lucky

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We loved this place. It appears to be an old fish shack and its not fancy at ll. If your high maintainance or a pain in the butt just stay at home...you will hate it. Its an interesting setup as you have to order from a stand and then go get a table and they bring your dinner. I found seats at the bar and you can order food right at the bar. Good beer selection and food was great...best shrimp and grits I have ever had. Excellent views at sunset.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Tourist trap with a capital T. Line was so long, thought it had to be great food. Wrong! View is of the water - thought that had to be a plus. Wrong! Thought maybe the staff were extra friendly or nice or something and that was the draw - Wrong again! Not enough outside seating so we sat inside and couldn't get a breath of air. Waited almost an hour on food. Surely it would be good. Wrong! Fish was so tough most people in our group threw it to the center of the table just to get it off their plates. Chicken tenders were just ok. But who wants to go here for that? It was my evening to chose the dinner. I read the reviews and saw negative ones, but Im a really positive person and just thought Oh, those people are just having a bad day. I think it's going to be better than that. So I actually chose this place. I later apologized to my group. It's the worse memory of any food we had in 8 days.

1  Thank amazed_12
Reviewed 24 June 2018

If you want to drive out to the boonies (part of the drive from Charleston is on gravel and rutted road), take the kids (they don't have any palates), and don't mind standing in line to order and then wait for the food to be delivered, all fried of course, then this is the place for you. Did I mention that the building is essentially the main dining room building for what you would envision as a "fish camp" as my wife puts it. My crab cakes were a little above average and my wife's fried plate was meh. Not worth the Uber ride out and back.

1  Thank Raymond B
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Best ‘welcome to Charleston’ experience. Food was so-so but the view from the porch was absolutely worth the experience! Table bar service would be great out on the patio. I know it’s not a wine type of place, but a decent wine list seems as if it could work.