“Delightful cottage that surpassed our expectations”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to the Cottage
Kitchen and eating area study area with convertible sofa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen and eating area
study area with convertible sofa
Living area with view toward the kitchen
Master Bedroom
View of the main house from the cottage patio
Carriage gates leading to the cottage
Cottage garden
Carriage gates and parking area
Master bathroom
View from Study Area to Living Room
View of front entrance
View of main house from Limehouse Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
2blins
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Delightful cottage that surpassed our expectations”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We expected a nice experience, but the cottage at 9 Limehouse Street surpassed anything we could have expected. The location is perfect in the heart of the battery. We were able to walk everywhere and thankful to have off-street gated parking and our own private courtyard. The cottage is quaint, peaceful and outfitted to meet your every need. Chriss is so personable, knowledgeable of the area and was very helpful. The tour of the main house was a highlight of our trip. We will return!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacey and location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Donna L
Naples FL
“Awesome Place to Stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This is my third time saying it and I am almost reluctant to recommend it because I want to be able to stay here! But I also want to commend our hostess Chriss for having such a great accommodation. My husband and I owned a boutique luxury hotel and we are extremely 'picky' to say the least. But this Cottage has to be one of the best places to stay in Charleston. It is tastefully decorated, very private and comfortable, and in perhaps the best area of the city, just two blocks from the waterfront and walking distance to the Battery. The area is residential (no hotels or restaurants) but close to everything. Each time we leave we immediately book our next stay.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
David K
Ocean View, Delaware
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

The Cottage is located in the heart of the historic district with everything you will want to explore in walking distance. Did not move the car for 4 days! It is charming, comfortable and spacious with its own outdoor area for your coffee. Even when the weather turns bad, as it did for this stay, you will feel warm and very much in Charleston. The owner lives in the larger, and historic house, and very much adds to the character of this location. Highly Recommended.

sparklesq...
Michigan
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

A friend of mine and me stayed 2 nights here, and it was a charming place to stay. I'd call it a 1 bedroom home, and it was a very calm and peaceful place to rent for the weekend. I stayed on the sofabed, and it was reasonably comfortable, and because it had 1.5 baths, I could place all my toiletries in the 1/2 bath. The wifi worked, but for some reason there was no internet service going into the router. We did not tell the owner, so I can't complain about that. The owner, Chriss, did stop by on our last day, but she did try to catch up with us earlier (we were out and about each time). It was an easy walk into the city center, and it was a treat just walking through the neighborhood. Everything was great with this place, and I would highly recommend it.

Travelling group: Friends
Janean E
Los Angeles, California
“The best way to experience Charleston!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

In the Charleston airport waiting for my flight back to cold New York, but couldn't wait to post my comments. The Cottage at 9 Limehouse St was the absolute best. For someone who would love to live in Charleston, this truly was the best way to experience the city. The cottage was large and extremely comfortable. I felt right at home immediately. It was close enough to walk to all that Charleston has to offer. All of the historic sights, fantastic restaurants, the Battery, beautiful historic homes etc. I truly could not be happier with my trip. Thank you so much Chriss. I so cannot wait until I can come back again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the property and the cottage.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$275
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing