“Lovely staff. I wish we could have take photos, but that's not their fault.”

Old Slave Mart Museum
Ranked #52 of 256 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Christine Mitchell welcomed us at the door and she is an absolutely lovely person. She's very well educated on the topic and her passion for sharing this very important information is clearly apparent. Lots of reading here. It's, of course, heartwrenching but important to know about this dark part of our history. I would have loved to take photos, but they are not allowed. Worth the visit. There is also a nice little bookstore area at the front of the store. I made a purchase and look forward to learning more. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 138)
All reviews
"shackles"
in 33 reviews

21 - 25 of 1 138 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This museum touches your soul. It is also very informative. We learned so much! It's on the top 5 things you must do in Charleston. We will go again on our next trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When ur on vacation sometimes you want to be upbeat the whole time but this is a must see sobering visit. Gives a straight historical fact base view of how slavery was

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I realize that this is a touchy subject. But there is so much to learn and history to pass on and learn from. I was disappointed that there was not a guide and someone to ask questions. I wanted my kiddos to learn as much as they can. They story boards were emotional and left a lot of room for discussion so that was good. I just don’t know if I would have paid for a self guided tour if I had it to do over again.