“Great shrimp and grits”
Review of Pawpaw

Pawpaw
Reserve with OpenTable
Pawpaw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 992 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$20 - US$150
Description: Situated on Charleston's storied East Bay Street, Pawpaw offers a modern, Southern-inspired menu helmed by Chef Jared Rogers. Rogers' menu focuses on family farms and seasonality, changing according the peak seasons for local and regional ingredients. The menu features a live fire grill, handmade pastas, and shareable plates. General Manager Jared K. Jones curated the beverage program for Pawpaw, which highlights local liquor, rare bourbons, and South Carolina beers on tap, as well as unique wine varietals from around the globe. Notably, he also spent a year traveling, tasting, and building relationships in order to source high quality wines from North Carolina.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by Pawpaw’s after a long day of site seeing in the downtown area. We were seated quickly and had attentive service. The shrimp and grits were very good as was the fried chicken which had an especially good dipping sauce.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Their list of small plates / appetizers is extensive. Portion size on appitezers is on the large side. After a few appetizers it was a chore to finish our main course. Biscuits were outstanding. My sword fish was some of the best I have ever had. We will definitely be back next time we are in Charleston

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My wife read the reviews and we stopped by for lunch. I had the fish of the day special and my wife had the fried chicken sandwich (best she ever had). Food was great service amazing. Ask for Cole and have him hook you up with the truffle fries you will not be sorry they are AMAZING.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had an unexpected wonderful cocktail at PawPaw! A martini with lime, basil, cucumber with jalapeño ! Beyond amazing ! Did not eat there wish I had!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a short visit here only enough time for drinks and a snack. I highly recommend their martinis and crab dip.The inside is warm and very welcoming I can't wait for my next Charleston visit for a great supper.