“Opening at 8 AM apparently doesn't mean "ready to serve"”

The Watch Rooftop Kitchen & Spirits
Ranked #155 of 835 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an 8 AM reservation to the restaurant for Easter morning. Realizing how busy all restaurants in Charleston were on Easter morning, we showed up about 5 minutes early just to make sure we didn't interfere with the rush that was anticipated later in the morning. We were the first customers in the restaurant. The hostess seated us in a great location outside overlooking the city. She came back about 5 minutes later with our waters. We asked for coffee. She came back about 5 minutes after that to take our orders. About 5 minutes later she informed us that the coffee was being brewed! Sorry...but I would think that would be one of the first things to address when you open the restaurant for breakfast. About 5 minutes later our breakfast came...but still no coffee. I took a bite of my biscuits and gravy and the gravy was room temperature...not hot! When she brought our coffee...now about 30 minutes after we arrived...I informed her. She took care of it right away...had a new dish made for me. Both my meal and my wife's (pancakes) were fabulous! I don't blame the server, as she clearly was being asked to juggle a lot...set up the outside seating; serve as hostess; take orders for all of the outside tables and inside tables (maybe about 10 tables). It was just frustrating to have everything take so long. I could tell others around us were also getting a bit frustrated, as well. So food was great (once we got it) but if you open at 8 AM you need to be ready to serve people at 8 AM....not 8:15 or 8:30.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (261)

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Wanted to love but....nice view...but too cold to sit outdoors!Brussel sprouts burnt!
Great sliders!Food just average ...waitress did not know anything about dessert menu-had secretly asked for bday candle for my guest-but none existed-coffee served ice cold...didn’t say anything because I just wanted the check and to leave!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Upon recommendation we made reservations for The Watch early and were able to enjoy a wonderful Valentine’s Day Brunch. The view from the 7th Floor rooftop restaurant was amazing. The menu was somewhat limited but offered some wonderful options that were enjoyed by everyone in our party. This restaurant is a must for anyone visiting Charleston!

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank gdotson1001
Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

Beautiful view of Charleston from the rooftop. Enjoyed having a relaxing outdoor space to eat in one of the few rooftop dining options in Charleston. Great job with the distancing. Brandon was an awesome server and told us some fun facts about Charleston ie not allowed to build anything higher than the steeples in the ‘holy city.’

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

Came in for a quick lunch with a beautiful view and The Watch did not disappoint! Top knot southern hospitality from my server Gus and flawless service to go along with it. I had the spicy chicken sandwich and added a slice of cheese that Gus recommended, it was crisped to perfection with healthy amount of spice! Will definitely be back

Date of visit: January 2021