Reviews (1 084)
1 084 results
All reviews pies cookies pecan pie evening dessert southern hospitality crackers the main house screened in porch private entrance fries living room honor bar bed and breakfast other guests spanish moss each morning french toast
18 - 23 of 1 084 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Rhett House Inn is located in the heart of Beaufort's antebellum central district. It's a wonderful example of the south's past history. Our room was located in the front of the house, overlooking Craven Street. In fact, we lived next door to the Rhett House some 50 years ago. The neighborhood has changed little in the passing years and is a joy to visit.

We would have given this property an "Excellent" rating except for the following: We had to carry our luggage up a sizable flight of stairs because there was no lift or help available (we're in our late 70's and early 80's). The two young women who appeared to be the managers seem indifferent to us during our stay.

On the plus side, the breakfast was excellent and was served in a nice setting.

Room Tip: Travel light because if your room is on the second floor of the mail building, you have to lug your own luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
AimeeT1820, Front Office Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We loved hearing about your visit and we are happy to hear about your stay. I would love for you to contact me at 843-524-9030 so I can address any issues we might be able to resolve! I would love to hear more about your stay!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

WONDERFUL! Every detail attended to. Beautiful setting.........yum, the food! Evening deserts and especially Beverly's breakfast, assisted by Karen - Parker and Amy were the best at managing our stay. Lots of things to do- wonderful amenities at the Sanctuary Country Club for an afternoon by the pool. Our room was #10 - our own screened porch overlooking the gardens. We were lucky to have an afternoon rainstorm that added to the ambiance of afternoon relaxation. Definitely will return.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank JUDY B
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We keep wanting to (and do!) re-visit this marvelous ante-bellum experience. Really takes you back in time to an earlier era but with all modern luxury amenities. Accommodations are everything one could hope for and the staff could not be more gracious and helpful. A great base for exploring Beaufort area. Already planning next year’s visit!
Sara & Arrhut

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Still my favorite b&b out of all the places we’ve traveled...lovely—as always. In a town full of b&b clamoring for business the understated elegance draws me back again and again. Yes, it’s an award winning property yet their attention to detail —minus any pretense—is what I most appreciate! Spotlessly clean, charming and kind staff set them apart. We thoroughly enjoyed our recent return to The Rhett House Inn. This time had private access to the upper porch and enjoyed dessert from the kitchen after a long, hot day. I just love this place. Thanks to Amy and the housekeeperfor making us feel welcome. We’ll be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had a quick 3 nights in Beaufort last week and I am so glad that we chose The Rhett House Inn for our first two nights and sorry that we didn't stay there the third night! EVERYONE made us feel like we were home from the early check in with Michele, to the housekeeper, Debra who was so fun to talk to about the stories of the area as well as her extra attentiveness to our needs.
Our room was large and comfortable. Bedding was great and I have to say that was the best 2 nights sleep I have had in a while.
Breakfast was delicious with a choice of 3 entrees' that were served hot and delicious by Michele and Miss Anne. Chef Beverly also came out to greet us and made sure our order was made and allergies were taken seriously!!! Dessert was an added extra that I have not experienced at other B & B's. Not cookies but delicious cakes and pies made by the beautiful and oh so talented Karen! Her lemon pound cake was THE BEST i have ever tasted and I'm not a lemon fan. I can still taste that unbelievable lemony (nothing like pound cake) flavor and texture!!!!! I'd love to have that recipe!!!! Oh and cookies!!!!!!! Not for dessert but a wonderful afternoon treat. Chocolate chip, raisin and my very best favorite, coconut!! WOW, have I gone back in time where hospitality is a way of life????
Amy, the manager was lovely and so nice to have a conversation with. Tons of information about the area and honestly interested in our experience and ready with answers to questions as well as suggestions for things to do and restaurant options.
I felt sad leaving. After only 2 days, I felt like we were leaving a great visit with an old friend. I wish I had more time to fill you in on more details but I think you should just go for yourself and experience this lovely Inn. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #3. HAPPY
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple