All reviews front desk parris island hotel restaurant sweet tea free popcorn sofa bed road construction indoor pool marsh view sitting area hot tub marine graduation mini fridge hilton head nice property would stay here again rooms are large
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My family of five caught a 5:30 am flight to get to Beaufort as early as we could. We requested an early check in when we made the reservation . Didn't happen. So tired and with now unshowered kids we made our way to the grandparents.

So I will say the evening desk attendant was very pleasant and professional. He was great. The rooms however... The main phone did not work. The phone in bathroom was not off the hook. We had to call front desk from cell phone.

The sheets for sofa dirty. Blood on sheet .yuck. We were now exhausted and kids them refused to sleep on sofa bed even with new sheets. The mattress and frame stayed at 20 degree angle. Not the head part that folds down, the entire thing. Maintenance man said u get what u pay for. How true.

Bathroom fan falling from ceiling, and poor patchwork by tub. Careful taking towels off rack in shower as they will all fall into the water and get wet. Then u can't call from room. U either go to front desk or call local number and maneuver the push buttons.

We were going fishing and planned to eat buffet breakfast. It opens at 6 am. We went down at 6:30 and still no food out, nobody there!! So had to scramble to find something .

Pleasant people and except for desk staff, no work ethic. Avoid if possible.

Stayed: August 2015
Stephanie F, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear Tylertourist,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am terribly disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We have addressed all of the maintenance issues and each has been corrected. I would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your early check in request. We are more than happy to do so when we have a room available. Breakfast does start at 6:00am but we only offer a buffet to private groups. It is not an everyday offering but we do offer breakfast specials starting at $5.95 daily. In any event our staff should have given you the attention you deserve and made sure that you were taken care of promptly.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Beaufort. Thank you again for the time and attention to your review.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Strange room - don't know how we ended up with a jacuzzi room....2 queen beds that were very high off the floor and difficult to get into, a sofa bed that barely fit due to the jacuzzi in the bedroom itself, and a sink in the bathroom that I had to stand on tiptoe to reach. Much prefer Holiday Inn Express to Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Don't get the jacuzzi room - very awkward
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Stephanie F, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

jimmistytamplen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and comfortable accommodations. I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations but I really appreciate your feedback. Your valuable comments helps us know what we can do to improve our property and guest experience. I hope that when you return to Beaufort you will give us the opportunity to be in your service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We stayed her after an error that put us a too early at Hilton Head. We didn't know much about the community and much less about the hotel. The reviews were good, so we gave it a go. When we pulled in the place looked full. At the reception desk, she had to scramble to find us a room, but she did and her attitude hit a home run with us. Look for Myra when you check in - she gets five stars! To top it off the community had an event on the water that we also stumbled on with live music and fireworks! Sweet time for an unplanned portion of the trip.

Room Tip: we were on the street side, but it was absolutely quiet
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Hi there Steven G. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you found us and that Myra made you feel welcome from the beginning. It is our goal to provide excellent service to all of our guests and I know Myra in particular will appreciate your review. You came on a great weekend with the opening ceremony of our 60th Annual Water Festival. Come back next year and plan on staying a little longer. The events are so much fun and run for 10 days over 2 weekends. We hope to have you back as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Went to the Beaufort and Hilton Head to visit the Gullah heritage sites.

With my recent experience with the Holiday Inn chain, I'm more inclined to go to Holiday Inn Express hotels, than regular Holiday Inns.

But I was pleasantly surprised at this location, when I drove up. It was on a major street in Beaufort, SC, that seemed well travelled and relatively safe. Behind it was a gorgeous grass filled bog or swamp, whatever. Beautiful scenery.

My sister and I checked into the room and were blown away with how nice the suite was and how it was presented. There room was very large and had lots of working space if you were there for business. It was well laid out. Had a small refrigerator, safe in one of the wall closets, large tv, and maybe a stove stop (can't remember that little details since we didn't do any cooking).

Lobby: Has a large area where you can have breakfast. It was only $5.95 for eggs, grits and meat. Or eggs, meat and pancake.

Bed: We had nice size twin beds that were quite inviting and very comfortable. Had absolutely no problem getting a good night's sleep.

Location: It is only about a five minute drive to the central Beaufort downtown area, which is 'charming' with several restaurants that I saw listed and recommended on tripadvisor. There are some fast food restaurants on the same street as the hotel, but we did not eat at any of those.

Wifi: I know it is essential, but in this case, the speed of this one was very slow. I measured it at less than 0.3 megabytes. So if you are streaming and that is the normal speed, the word is that is 'won't work' for streaming.

Value: Yes the rates were reasonable compared to many other hotels in the area that were of a lower visible quality when you looked at them, just from the outside. However Beaufort hotels in themselves are way much cheaper than staying at hotels near Hilton Head.

Bottomline: If you want to save money and get a nice experience, then stay in the Beaufort area to enjoy both Beaufort and Hilton Head. HH is only about 35 miles away. I liked this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lifetraveler1

Hello LifeTraveler1. Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, the view and your room. We are very fortunate to have a quiet location overlooking Albergotti Creek, which is so great for enjoying breakfast, cocktails or dinner. It sounds like our housekeeping staff did an excellent job getting your room ready for you and making sure you had everything you needed for a comfortable relaxing staff. We just upgraded our internet system and there are some devices that need an adjustment to get the best signal. The next time you stay with us please contact the front desk and we can direct you to our 24-hour tech support. They can fix you up quickly so that streaming won't be an issue. It is so great to hear that you appreciate the value at our hotel. We do hope you will come back again soon. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 21 July 2015

My family and I come to Hilton Head every summer. We always come a night early to get more time at the beach as a family. We stayed in Beaufort this year due to availability. We heard great things about Beaufort so we were excited! Our stay was great. The room was nice and the restaurant was good. We left thinking this would be our new tradition.
Fast forward to a week later when we got home and checked our credit card statements. We noticed a $300 charge on our account. We called to inquire. We were told the charge was a smoking fee. We were surprised because we are non smokers. In fact, I am allergic to smoke and would have had to leave the room if it was smokey. When asked if the charge could be reversed since it wasn't us we were told the manager would call us back soon. We received no phone call and tried four times that day. Leaving two messages for the GM. The following day we called again. We spoke to the manager who informed us that the smoke housekeeping smelled was marijuana. We explained that there was no way it was us since we don't smoke, let alone smoke marijuana. We were shocked and sick to our stomachs to be falsely accused of doing something illegal. The manager kept saying they smelled it so we were charged. We asked what proof they had and were told the head house keeper smelled it. We kept explaining it wasn't us and she kept saying it was. It was humiliating to be continuously wrongfully accused of doing something illegal. I contacted IHG and was told they would send my comments to the hotel GM and gave the hotel 48 hours to respond. It has been more than a week and we have still heard nothing. At the end of the day customer service is everything and this hotel has fallen way short.

Stayed: July 2015
4  Thank Paige W
Stephanie F, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Hello Paige W. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am terribly sorry for all of the issues you have experienced with your stay. I know you all left happy and ended up being disappointed with how we handled the smoking charge. As the General Manager I accept full responsibility for how the situation was handled. We do have guests who ignore the smoking policy and we are definitely very strict on it, especially when illegal drugs are used. I should have called you and discussed it with you prior to charging your card, which is my policy. Unfortunately I was not here and I believe that the staff made the decision based on our smoking policy. I take you at your word that you were not smoking in your room. I realize that there is nothing else I can say at this point to make the situation better for you. I have refunded the smoking fee and your room charges. I hope that between the refund and my sincerest apology you will accept both and forgive me and my staff for this situation. I would love to offer you a complimentary stay as well and if you are so inclined to accept it please contact me at stephanie.fairbanks@hibeaufort.com. Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to be in your service on your next trip to the Lowcountry.