Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Don’t miss this!

My husband and I toured the Pat Conroy Literary Center today in Beaufort. It was very interesting... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ssi2014nana
via mobile
Fantastic

Our visit to the Conroy Literary Center was absolutely the highlight of our December weekend in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rjsaluda
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Beaufort
from US$30,00
from US$40,00
from US$60,00
More Info
All reviews his life writing desk his words hand written center provides beautiful tribute free library desk and chair family photos non fiction special visit intimate knowledge personal stories moving experience wealth of information well worth the visit historic beaufort
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It was a pleasure to visit the Pat Conroy Literary Center and be warmly greeted by Pat's sister! She shared information about the center and about Pat and was available for any questions. A lot of memorabilia is on display included Pat's desk where he wrote and handwritten manuscripts. Information, pictures and articles from his youth were on display including his high school yearbooks. Copies of his books and videos from movies made from his books were on hand and available for purchase. If you like Pat Conroy the author you will enjoy getting to know more about Pat Conroy the man, husband, son, father and brother by taking this trip down memory lane. Definitely worth the trip if you are in the area.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

It was wonderful! I had a little trouble finding the Center so I arrived a few minutes after closing time. The staff told me to take my time, and I met a wonderful lady who went to high school with Pat Conroy and she showed me her yearbook with pictures of Pat. My only regret is that I didn't buy anything because I have most of his books!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Anyone who loves the writings of Pat Conroy should make a point of visiting the Conroy Literary Center in Beaufort, SC. The material gathered there is fascinating and the docents are well informed, helpful, courteous, and passionate about the Center. The Center is conveniently located in “downtown” Beaufort, a town that played a key role in Conroy’s development. In the SC Lowcountry, this should be on anyone’s “must visit” list. Ken Johnson, Louisville, KY

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Full of memorabilia from Conroy's life and writing. Lots of items with personal significance. Among southern writers he is a major figure, and the most open about his life. Here you feel like you have been allowed into his home. When we visited, his sister was there explaining the artifacts that include things like Pat's basketball trophies to the desk where he wrote to his father's (Santini) flight jacket. A small museum, but admission is free and well worth a stop for anyone who loves to read.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018

A very nice tribute to Pat Conroy! I enjoyed my visit to the Center and discussions with staff. Enjoyed the various exhibits about Pat Conroy. I would definitely recommend a visit if in the area!

Date of experience: July 2017