All reviews full kitchen bedroom loft suite marriott website new appliances local place room was extremely comfortable friendly hotel long term main lobby breakfast each morning pots pans yogurt would stay here again hockey team close to downtown room rate needed a place to stay
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I found all staff and the facilities to be excellent. The hotel is undergoing renovations but this did not create any inconvenience to myself or my family. We stayed in a loft which was very clean and comfortable. The beds are heavenly! If we could have stolen the beds to bring home, we would have!

Date of stay: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Laura A, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree with you on the beds, I think we have the best beds of any hotel. They are available for purchase, if you are interested please contact the hotel and we can get you the information. I hope the next time you are in Rhode Island you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We came to Rhode Island for a family funeral and were looking forward to staying at Sonesta after seeing the pictures on their website. When we arrived our check in took place in a trailer. We got to our room and it was not remodeled and smelled like smoke. Fortunately, the staff moved us to a remodeled room, which was very nice and very comfortable.

Much of the property has been started—rooms, stairways, exterior, lobby, kitchen, etc., but with exception to the patio and some rooms, very little is complete. There are paint chips and the mess that goes along with construction everywhere (even an old toilet under the outdoor stairs in the building next door).

The staff was friendly and the patio is nice. When it’s complete I’m sure this will be a lovely hotel, but we had no idea when we made reservations that the property would be in this condition.

The website is not reflective of the state of the property. You may want to call first before booking.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2018

After loosing power, along with 400,000 others 2 months ago, we needed a place to stay while the state was recovering and until our power came back.

I say we were lucky to be able to book this, and am happy we did.

The rooms are big and we were able to bring our cat, who probably would have froze at home. As the room was a double queen with kitchen, we brought our own food and lived there for 4 nights with no issues at all.

There are other hotels closer to the airport but this place is as nice as them. Of course there is the typical "breakfast" but my favorite thing was a small workout room with a large TV and a couple treadmills. I could go in there, its airconditioned,close the door and watch tv loud enough to hear while killing 40 minutes on the treadmill and being entertained.

If we need a local place again, we would certainly stay here.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura A, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I wish it could have been under better circumstances. I hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

not enough towels for our group of five, no shampoo or soap in hotel supplied dispenser, pull out couch mattress had large uncomfortable springs that made it impossible to sleep on pullout mattress. Called the office about the lack of enough towels and missing shampoo/soap was told they'd send housekeeping soon but 4 hours later still no towels and went to the office to pick up (never got shampoo/soap). Couldn't use indoor pool - something was broken and water was cold. Went to use the dishwasher at the end of our stay and the kitchen sink filled up with so much water that we couldn't continue to run the dishwasher. I don't get to travel much so I was looking forward to the stay but was very disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Debra J
Reviewed 15 February 2018

My husband needed treatment at VA hospital in Providence, and we stayed at Sonesta ES Suites Providence for two months. I am from Vietnam, and my husband was very sick. We were very glad to find this place to stay. All the staff were excellent and really helpful and very nice. They were willing to help us whenever we needed. I really appreciated. I surely come back and stay at Sonesta next time. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2018
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Michael L, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hello LANTUYET,

Thank you so much for choosing us and for such a positive review! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your stay. Quality and comfort is our goal! It was a pleasure meeting you and cant wait to see you again next time!