All reviews full kitchen bedroom loft suite marriott website new appliances front desk local place room was extremely comfortable friendly hotel long term main lobby breakfast each morning pots pans yogurt hockey team would stay here again close to downtown room rate
Reviewed 4 January 2017

It's a nice pet friendly property. I have stayed here with my family and my dog. Breakfast is really good, with a great variety and it is included. I will come back. Property is not too far from restaurants and a mall on Cranston.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fernando A
ResidenceInn_Manager, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Fernando A,

Thank you for your review. Your fur friend stayed with you, we're so glad the entire family has room in our spacious suites. We look forward to having you back in the future. And yes, Garden City, in Cranston, RI is a great place to visit for wonderful shopping, as well as the Warwick Mall just 2 miles from the hotel. Thanks for choosing us!

Happy New Year,

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Well kept property. I've stayed at allot of what I call "Version 1" Residence Inns with the separate gatehouse and room buildings, and this location is a well kept up to date location. Close to the highway and the airport as well!!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
ResidenceInn_Manager, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Kevin G,

Wow we are very honored to have received such high remarks from your review! We all take pride in the work we do everyday and to have it be reflected on your stay means a lot! I'll be sharing your feedback with our entire team! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review us.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Although this is an older Marriott it is surely kept up. What makes this unique is that all suites have their own outside door. It is not a typical hotel style with an elevator to all floors but rather you walk while outside to your room. To me this was the best thing since sliced bread. I enjoyed my ground level front door as well as a slider door vs. being in a high rise and not have a window that would open to allow fresh air inside.
The staff was generally very helpful and happy to help in any way. Marty, Agnes, Barbara, Maria to name a few.......
Housekeeping was ok, but inconsistent with the regulars on vacation and I did tip well.
Breakfast is included in your room rate, which is appreciated but after 5 weeks of seeing scrambled eggs EVERY AM never having say pre made omelets, or hash browns it became old. I am sure this is a Marriott thing vs. the facility's choice. Other items were offered as well, but another egg choice would have gone a long way. Breakfast is served at 6:30 week days which made it difficult for many who work if you listened to the talk in the common area.
Three nights a week they offer snacks, drinks, mini meals also included in your room rate and they were exceptional. They would often bring in local restaurants catering which as nice.
The pool was clean and hot tub relaxing.
The selection of local newspapers was outstanding!
The staff even assisted me with my cat when asked.
On a negative side I was told my rate was better than a military discount which turned out not to be true.
This facility is close to grocery shopping and mall shopping as well as several restaurants.

Room tip: Ground level for no stairs.. Quietest possible building 10+ as you do hear suitcases wheeled at all hours.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ResidenceInn_Manager, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear smallestate,

We so very much appreciate the wonderful feedback so that others can learn from your experience! We too think our layout is unique but also very comfortable for those staying, especially long term.

We always try to do or best to do what we can to personalize everyone's experience. Thank you for staying with us, we've shared your feedback with our team members to see where improvement is necessary...we're always striving to make everyone's stay perfect!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Best breakfast that we have had at a hotel in a long time. Great variety and quality. Oatmeal bar, got eggs and sausage, waffles, yogurt.
Room clean and functional set up well. Buildings for the rooms around a center courtyard. Well set up.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Janet B,

So glad you chose to stay with us, during your Rhode Island visit. It truly is a great breakfast offering, we try to have as many options as possible to please all travelers and it sounds like we succeed with your stay!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Happy Holiday Season,

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I have never been disappointed by a Residence Inn and this one does not disappoint either.

The only thing I don't like is that to get to the office, breakfast, gym and the pool you have to go through the courtyard which is outside. That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so cold outside.

However I love the 2 story loft apartment feel of the room. You forget you at at a hotel. Its very clean and great as usual. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ResidenceInn_Manager, Director of Sales at Sonesta ES Suites Providence - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Hi S.H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I understand how occasionally this time of year some would prefer we had the interior hallways, however, some really love that aspect of being able to park right next to their room...almost as if they're in a townhouse instead of a hotel.
Please come back again, if you're in the area, we appreciate the business!

Best wishes,