“Don't wait 31 years!”
Review of Skydive Newport

Skydive Newport
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I wanted to jump since I was 19, my eldest kids are16, I turned 50 this year and so decided to go for it! All year (or two) I pushed my limits and experiences by tackling ropes courses, zip lining down Mt. Snow, and walking outside on Top Of Europe in the Swiss Alps. This was by far the most adrenaline inducing experience of my life!

The registration, paperwork and training was informative and easy. It was a short drive from Newport, so didn't take a lot of time away from my vacation with family. The view was gorgeous, the weather perfect and the confident manner of the crew eased my anxiousness about leaping from a plane at about 10,000 feet. Nick Sergi radiated calm as we geared up and climbed into the plane. His affable manner relaxed me and made our ascent pleasant and comfortable. When it was time, he attached his harness to mine and tightened my straps. The rush of noise as the door was opened and watching the first man jump was the scariest part for me. Then it was my turn to fold my arms across my chest and place my feet outside the plane on the little metal step. Without warning we were airborne and the plane was moving away from us.

Whoooo! What a blast! DO NOT WAIT! Do it now and get the video and pictures so that you can laugh over the effect 5G's has on your face! Nick captured fantastic pictures and video of my facial expressions in real time! Sooo funny! Thanks Nicky!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I went skydiving with my best friend last week for the first time and I cannot stop talking about it. The pre-registration is very simple and easy. Our instructors were so nice and made us feel very safe the entire time. On the plane ride up to 10,000ft, they pointed out different landmarks and places in New England. It was so cool to see the Newport Mansions, Martha's Vineyard, and Block Island from that far up. When it was time to jump, I was SO nervous but my instructor opened the door to the plane and we were out! He didn't give me time to second guess- which I was thankful for. The decent was amazing; the scenery was beautiful and my instructor let me steer the parachute which was fun. For anyone considering skydiving, I highly recommend it, it was a day I will never forget.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I had never jumped out of a perfectly good airplane before but I am glad my first time was here. If you are going to jump pick a place that is beautiful to look at as your falling, cuz once they pull the cord you float for a bit. Newport was spectacular to jump over. As for the shop, very friendly and helpful. Because there was a big group that was jumping that day as well I got to go up with just me and the instructor. If you're complaining about the price then you shouldn't dive. Yes it's pricey but it's pretty on par with sky diving. I paid to get the video and pictures since it was my first time. FYI it is cheaper if you use cash! They do give military discounts as well. I highly recommend Skydive Newport!!

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

These guys are super professional, knowledgable and friendly. Even though skydiving is expensive, I would say it was totally worth it and if you're going to spend the money you should do it here! The views of Newport from the air are totally worth it, just breathtaking. And the pros that jump with you are so experienced it really puts you at ease. Great experience here for sure.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Highly recommending Newport Skydive to everyone! Experience of a lifetime! I will back be and now thinking of taking training some where to become an instructor! Tons of fun! Nicky my instructor was super cool and made it that much more fun! Thanks Newport Skydive for such a wonderful experience! (: Still feeling the natural high from yesterday!