All reviews pancake machine front desk cinnamon rolls free breakfast bagels parking lot dvd player the breakfast area workout room desk staff would stay here again fridge and microwave king bed short drive the room was nice pool and hot tub clean hotel
Reviewed 12 August 2017

It was a very clean room, and .It was nice to have a small living room area. Had a Chilli's restaurant right across the parking lot. Hotel was set back from the main road, so we didn't hear any street noise. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Rochelle L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you found your accommodations quiet and enjoyable. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, I will pass along your comments to them. We hope you choose to stay with us again in your future travels to the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Wanted to visit Newport without breaking the bank. Middle town is perfect and the express provides a decent breakfast, a pool and exercise room. Nearby are lots of strip malls, grocery stores and eateries. And it is not far from all the sights in Newport.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rochelle L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We hope you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities throughout your stay with us. Our hotel is so convenient to many of the Newport sights. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I am an IHG Rewards Member and I have stayed at many newer HIE's in the Northeast. This HIE is an older hotel. It is clean and the rooms are quite spacious. However, the bathroom could use a complete upgrade. There was quite a bit of rust around the metal parts in the shower. These parts can be easily replaced with minimal cost. There is no reason to have any rust in a hotel bathroom. This was quite a turn off. Additionally, there was hair on the floor in the bathroom behind the door. I advised the front desk clerk of this issue and she said she would send someone right up to take care of it. That never happened. I needed to clean it myself. The beds were somewhat comfortable, but not as nice as the newer HIE's I have visited. The air conditioner was the best part of the stay. It worked very well and the room was nice and cold. The room had a microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The room was quiet and we had a decent night sleep. The breakfast was standard for a HIE and had a decent selection of eggs, bread, yogurt, muffins and cereal. I was disappointed that they did not have English Breakfast or even Lipton teabags. They had only herbal, green and Earl Grey tea. The hotel also lacked iced cold water. After a hot day visiting the sights in Newport, I was disappointed that the hotel did not have a pitcher of iced water in the lobby. Most HIE's I have stayed in always have cold water in the lobby. I was told that they only keep hot water for tea and coffee available at this hotel.
The location of the hotel is very convenient to Newport and the highway. There are many stores and chain restaurants located right near the hotel.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean hotel in the Newport area that is not too expensive. We stayed during the week so the price was much lower than the weekend prices. If I had paid upward of $350 for this room, I would have been completely disappointed.

Room tip: The third floor was very quiet.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We utilize all feedback to improve where needed. I am pleased to say that we will be undergoing a complete renovation in the fall, which the staff is excited for. We hope you give us another chance if you are in the Newport area in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff and large room. Good locaties to explore Newport by car.
Free Coffee in the lobby.
When you do not want to go out to diner a restaurant (Chili's Grill & Bar) is across the building.
When you are with a carrière do explore and drive to the famous houses and cliffs.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rochelle L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. There are many sights to see around the area and we hope you were able to enjoy all of them. Hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We like the holiday Inn express hotels. This one did not disappoint. Very clean room, staff is polite and helpful. location to newport was perfect. Would stay here again. was quiet,They served breakfast

Date of stay: May 2017
Rochelle L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. Your kind words mean the word to us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our location and we hope to see you again soon!