“Competent but not special”

Tong Phoon Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 87 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Took out an array of appetizers for a party we were attending. All were good but nothing was really special. Competent Thai food, but just that.

Glad we did take out as restaurant interior lacks character and is wholly unimpressive.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Ended up here after being told of 1 - 1/2 hour waits at first two places we tried to go. Immediately seated with a table convenient for a stroller and infant. Food and service were fantastic. Definitely a family run restaurant. Very attentive. They took pictures of us to put on their wall. They may not serve alcohol, and do have a corking charge of $2 per person if you bring in your own wine

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I like the convenience of Tong Phoon and the take out is great when working late with little ambition of cooking at home. It has a great range of dishes.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I ate here with a friend while visiting Bristol Rhode Island. We were in the mood for some Thai food and found this little restaurant and stopped by. There were only two other people in the entire restaurant when we went so we didn't have to wait long at all for anything. The customer service was friendly, fast and efficient. The food was delicious and satisfying. The pricing was fair for what we ordered. I particularly enjoyed the tom kha soup. There were various interesting looking options on the menu, so I'm sure next time I'm in town I'd stop by to try something different. This restaurant is conveniently located in the center of town.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This is a great Thai restaurant. The Pad Thai is fantastic and the different types of rice are to die for. I don't believe they serve alcohol but still worth going to. We love this place.