“Angelina's back into a tie with Empire”
Review of Angelina's

Angelina's
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Bristol
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The race for Bristol espresso quality is on: Angelina's vs. Empire. Angelina's was my favorite for a couple of years, but then my preference moved to Empire after an ownership change at Angelina's, where things seemed to slip just a bit. But last trip, I tried both, one after the other, and found them dead even, both at quite a high level.

Which is you favorite?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped with a date in Angelina's for a quick coffee. The shop is right off the main street of Bristol so parking can be an issue. The staff was alright, the coffee was better than average. The space inside was kinda weird. Nothing bad here but nothing really stuck out and "wowed".

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Way off it’s game under the new ownership. Used to be a highlight of every Bristol visit and I was always taking it up to locals and visitors alike. But coffee sourcing changed and preparation attentiveness has degraded significantly and several recent visits show zero recovery, so my regular spot is now Empire Coffee.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Any coffee lover must go to Angelina's where coffee making has been risen to a fine art. Each cup is brewed to order and the flavor is beyond your imagination. If you are truly a coffee aficionado, then you must make the trek to Angelina's

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Really used to look forward to absolutely top-notch espresso here every time in town. Visiting last week, I came in as always, but the espresso was not even in the same class. Thinking it was just a bad pull, I ordered another to take with me. Same disappointment; nothing like before.

In town again this weekend, I gave it another try. Same deal. I asked what had changed and was told ownership some months back but. It coffee. In any case, for my three attempts, it has degraded significantly, from just about world class to merely average. At the highish price, it should be excellent and I was happy to pay before. Now I’ll be looking for another place.

1  Thank CaseyfromBoston