“Good tasty food, budget-friendly”

Ho Yi Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 300 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were on our way home and looking for a place for dinner. Looked on Yelp for a good Chinese restaurant. This one had pretty good reviews, so we went. We got beef w/ garlic sauce - good but a little sweet. Chicken w/ cashew was spicy but good. Waitress/owner was friendly. We got 2 entrees w/ hot tea and spent less than $21. Would come again if in the area again.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Horrible, terrible, burnt, gross..... we ordered delivery from this God awful place. Ordered beef teriyaki (was burnt to a crisp. Could have driven nails with it. Burned black), egg rolls (burnt spots all over them, half filled and had what appeared to be a deep fried roach on one. Ugh!), fried rice that was a weird color and slimy, and won ton soup (nothing but broken little pieces of wonton noodles, NO wontons). Called immediately and told them to come pick this slop up and return my money. The woman was really nasty and refused. After I explained to how I was going to stand out in front of the place and advise people coming in about what happened she lightened up and told me bring it back. Told her I'm not driving all the way there at 10:00 pm and they needed to come get it. She refused. Told me bring it back tomorrow. I did. Opened the door. The place was empty (at lunchtime!). Walked in with the bag of slop. She sees me and rolls her eyes. She was EXTREMELY offensive and rude. But I got my money back! DO NOT EAT THERE!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Have eaten in and ordered for work. Consistently good tasting whether ordering for two or twenty. Average surroundings when dining there.
Owner/waitress is very pleasant. Soups are delicious.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2016

This was our first visit to Ho Yi. The food was reasonably priced and excellent. We did take out but the service at the counter was excellent. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016

We use to come here all the time, the food was fresh to order, very fair prices, good portions, tasted great, but last time was not good, the sweet and sour sauce had a bad burnt taste and we live 35 minutes away couldn't go back. I was really disappointed and haven't been back since. Hope their quality has improved, it was convenient on way home to pick up dinners to go. I am just afraid to try again, I'll watch for other reviews and maybe tray again.

Date of visit: July 2015