“Not what it used to be”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 298 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Wilkes Barre, PA is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

We just ordered a sizzling chicken and cheese about 2 hours ago.as soon as we started eating it we looked at each other and we knew immediately that the food was not what it used to be.the mashed potatoes had very little taste,the chicken was a little spicy, and there was to much onions bell peppers,and to many tomatoes.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018

TGIF was running a "special" I think. You could order two entrees at a very value packed price. My spouse had two half racks of ribs, and I ordered a double entrée of salmon... Both delicious! We could only eat half of our dinner, so we took it back to the hotel...made a delicious snack later that evening. Although busy, we were seated rather quickly.. Our server was attentive and checked back several times to see if we needed anything.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Great spot. Good food, staff, drink prices, atmosphere, and location. $10 continuous apps. $5 happy hour food and drinks. Wow go enjoy!!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We were visited in the area and TGI Fridays' was recommended. Basically none of the supper entrees come with salad or rolls. I ordered a chicken dish and when it arrived I had to look twice to see the chicken serving it was so small. I tasted the mashed potatoes, and they tasted like they had been in the kitchen for two days. I mentioned it and they did replace them. We are not ready for another visited for a while.the restaurant is seriously overpriced for the portions and quality of the food.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Was in area for busy and it was connected to my hotel so I tried it out, I sat at bar, it was nice and clean, bartender was very nice and went over the specials for drinks and food, drinks were very good and food was good and very tasted very good. I would definitely go again very good place