“Anniversary 🌹 🌹 Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I always take a long weekend for our anniversary and we always seem to go to Wilkes Barre pa we try different restaurants while we are on our trip . We tried the Anthracite Cafe and we are really happy we did. It made us think of a nice neighborhood bar where you walk in a you become family .
That's the way we where treated.frir dly smiles , get service and the food is really good. Prices are really good. You can get a nice dinner without emtying your wallet.
They have anything from appetizer to salads , sandiwche but some great dinner items.
Have a nice drink sit back relax and have a great time , you will be glad you did. .

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Was passing through and needed a place to stop for dinner. So glad we found this place! Everything we ordered was delicious, with good sized portions for a very reasonable price. Only wish that I had sampled some of the local craft beer, but I had a long ride ahead so passed. This will be a must stop the next time I am passing through Wilkes-Barre.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Great chow. Never a bad meal, Love the meatloaf. All you can eat crablegs are fabulous. Service is good. food is great.Owner operated, clearly with pride.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018

A local recommended the Anthracite Cafe. I was tickled by the name because it pays tribute to the region's history of mining anthracite (hard) coal ... in fact the room I dined in was called "The Coal Bin." I was impressed how good the food was. The baked onion soup au gratin was perhaps the very best I ever had - it was so rich and savory but not too salty. The shrimp cocktail was fresh and firm. The steak was prepared perfectly. It's a popular place - for good reason - and even the large parking lot fills up. I cannot praise this place enough. The prices were reasonable and the service was excellent. Next time I drive up from Philly to Wilkes Barre I will return!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere, nice menu choices and great customer service. Tons of flavors for buffalo wing lovers. Crab cakes
And lump crabmeat are awesomePrices are reasonable. The food is so good you can get carried away.Their frozen margaritas are the best I've had in town.

Date of visit: August 2018