“New edition to the Mexican cuisine”

El Rey Azteca Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 299 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I thought I'd give this place a try since it was fairly new ion the area. I went with the enchilada dinner. It was a beef enchilada, chicken enchilada refried bean & Spanish rice. The servers were pleasant but the the portions weren't too big.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Say place and stopped in, went to bar because I wanted food to go, ordered enchiladas and the food was packaged very well and the food was hot and very good, bartender was very good, beer was cold and she was making some good drinks when I was there, the place was clean and I would definitely go again

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This place is OK if you are super desperate for food (ie if you are going to starve to death) - otherwise skip it. We were seated to the back and it smelled like urine (should have taken the hint, but we were desperate) - they probably used the same mop they used for the bathroom, but failed to rinse it. Service was pleasant but slow (and we were alone in the place - hint #2). Food was universally bad - from the burritos to the fajitas. Two of the dinners came covered in what tasted like BBQ sauce. The bar seemed nice and well stocked (but we didn't order drinks so can't confirm). The chips they put out were like fried cardboard - super thick and hard and holding all the oil they could. Salsa was decent.
In the future, I would sooner go to McDonalds (and I don't like McDonalds). The artwork was interesting (see pics)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Found using Google, searching for place to eat swiftly as we pass through. It's in a strip mall that is not really updated. But once inside, greeted warmly and seated. Ordered Enchiladas Poblanas, which has a mole sauce. Mole sauce is hard to find so was looking forward to seeing what they produce. It was great!
My brother had the Morelos Steak Tacos and reported they were really good also.
There were several other dishes I would try also.
Service was with a smile and swift. Looks like homemade tortilla chips too. The Salsa for the chips wasn't anything great though.
The cost wasn't too high. Average about @11 per dish.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I LOVE El Rey Azteca. The food is delicious. I have previously lived in Mexico, and their Mole sauce is fantastic. It tastes exactly like Mole Pueblano in Puebla, Mexico.

Date of visit: March 2018