“Great Craft Beer...and Good Food as well”

Chatty Monks Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in West Reading
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: At Chatty Monks Brewing Company, our story is quite simple. Our business was born out of five friends with one thing in common: the need to make exceptional craft beer. Named as one of the Top 50 brewpubs nationwide and Top 10 in the Northeast by CraftBeer. We are a dedicated group of beer-loving guys seeking to put our own personal mark upon this fast-growing sector of small batch brewing. It is our passion to bring enjoyment to others in the form of outstanding craft beer, brewed with the highest level of integrity and utilizing true craftsmanship in our trade. We combine this with an artisanal approach to American Gastropub fare using only fresh and local ingredients.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I go to Chatty Monks pretty regularly with my buddy. We enjoy the Craft Beers and the food is generally pretty good as well. Last night, I had a special dish of stuffed meatballs which were outstanding!! Last time there, I had the Chili which came poured over a dish of Rigatoni (it was an interesting way to eat Chili which I never tried....I liked it!). I enjoy the wings, they are always good. My only complaint is that the little metal stools are incredibly uncomfortable. They are made for a thin, well built woman with a nice, tight butt....not bigger guys. So I can't sit for a long time if I end up on one of those uncomfortable stools....but all in all, I enjoy the place and continue to go back!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I have been to my fair share of breweries and I was highly impressed with the amount and quality of the craft beer available here as well as the high end, yet affordable, food! Most breweries I have found have food trucks or 'bar food' which is quick fried, but at Chatty Monks all the food seemed fresh and delicious. In my 2 weeks visiting the area, I made it a point to stop in multiple times for lunch and drinks. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants a great craft beer and food experience!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I have been here a few times to check out the beer, has always been hit or miss. We decided to give it another try after work. Tonight had a good beer, but food was terrible. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich my friend ordered the crabby fries and brisket sandwich. Pork sandwich was alright had more coleslaw on it than pork, the chips that came with it were nothing to rave about. My friend's sandwich was roast beef not brisket and barely any meat on the bread. The fries had a small amount of crabmeat and what was drowning them resembled melted "velveta" cheese, and tasted bad. we were not impressed and I will not be going back, could have had a better meal at McDonald's.

2  Thank Beverly K
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We love going to different brew pubs and this place was not a let down! We read reviews before choosing which one to visit in this area (there are a good amount to choose from). We got to the restaurant at around 5:45pm and they were hopping. We were able to be seated immediately at a table near the front, at the bar or a pub table in the bar area.
We chose a pub table. It was nice to be given options and the hostess was super friendly. Our server was also the bartender and was very nice and attentive (Christine). For beer we had the Pekkochu IPA (good), Mild Manor Monks (awesome), Belgian White (good) and the Revelation Ale (good). We shared an order of hop fries and a half order of nachos w/roasted veggies. The fries were terrific and not very greasy, which was a plus. The nachos were not something we'd get again. The salsa was all water and there was surprisingly no flavor w/the nachos overall. When we left there were no seats left inside or outside, which says a lot. People obviously like this place.
We would definitely check this place out again when in the area!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I ordered the fish and chips and while the chips were very good, the fish mainly consisted of breading. I literally had to scoop the fish out of the breading. Our other entrees were pretty bland as well. Some of the beer was good and the service was fair. Overall, not worth it!!

Been to Chatty Monks Brewing Company? Share your experiences!