“Fabulous Find”

Martin's Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Just looking for a quick dinner driving from Northern New York to Virginia. What a find. Started with stuffed mushrooms. They were perfect. We both had the specials. Pork in a Tarragon gravy was heavenly! Scallops in a Thai sauce were superb. If we weren’t continuing the drive I would have loved to have a glass of wine to enjoy with such a fabulous meal. Wonderful service in a very quaint space. Definitely will return on future trips through the area.

Martin B, Owner at Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to stop by our restaurant. We hope to see you again. There is a wine and spirit store minutes away from our location. Thanks, again, Martin

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch with a coworker and had the burger with the potato salad. Both were excellent! The service was great and the restaurant has a cozy atmosphere. Well worth a visit!!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Not open for breakfast:(
TripAdvisor has that this place is open for breakfast, but it’s not.
I do love their lunch and dinner, ALWAYS top notch.

Martin B, Owner at Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Sorry, we are only open for brunch on Sunday. Martin

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I was in town visiting my aunt and took her to Martin's Restaurant for dinner. We arrived about 6:30 on a Thursday night and were a bit surprised to be the first diners in the door. More did fill in as the night progressed. The atmosphere was very comfortable with varied art work on the walls and sophisticated jazz playing. Cheery flower arrangements were over the coffee bar. Our server, Aries, is the owners niece and she was very familiar with the foods. My aunt started with a cup of the new England Clam Chowder ($4) which was more of a savory chicken stock with cream added for texture and whole cherry stone clams. Really good! As an appy, I opted for the Oyster special ($12) - four nice sized oysters on the half shell in a horseradish cream sauce covered with a small slice of bacon and broiled. Also very good. For entrees, my aunt ordered the Cajun Salmon special ($26) a slice of center cut salmon with a light dusting of cajun season that was not overpowering. As she ordered a half portion of vegetables, I cannot comment on the normal size portion. I chose the Pork special ($27) shredded seared pork in a tasty pork gravy, with peas, over cavatelli, home made from potato dough. Sugar peas were the side. A mixed green salad was included with dinner. We finished with fresh brewed coffee and tea ($1.50 each.) Too bad I live 2 hours away otherwise I'd dine at Martin's more often!

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner. The service was great and the food was excellent. Prices were very reasonable. We will certainly stop again. If you go there you won't be disappointed