“Good Food and Ambiance”

Mercato Italian Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mercato Italian Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 278 Restaurants in West Chester
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mercato Ristorante & Bar! Born in Italy, served in West Chester. The Giannaccari's again draw from authentic recipes for their latest bar-and-restaurant concept, where the exceptional house-made mozzarella and ricotta, brick-oven Neapolitan pizzas and hand-rolled pastas have customers loyal to their brand for last 25 years. The vibe is sleek, with its industrial-meets-rustic accents. The caged pendant lights, vintage barn hooks and tiled white oak are all trendy without appearing too ostentatious.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had heard that this place was good, but it took me a while to try it.
My blackened swordfish with crab was very good and my wife enjoyed her ravioli with lobster tail. We had the fried artichoke hearts as an appetizer and it was delicious as well.
The space is very well done with the exposed stone pillars and dark wood.
The bar area looked very inviting from a distance but I didn’t go over.
We sat inside and it was pretty noisy. If the weather had been better, I would have opted to sit outside to avoid the background din.
Service was ably provided by Julianna who was efficient but not hovering.
I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Best Italian food in town. Great staff who make wonderful suggestions. Had a baby "sprinkle" on a Saturday and they made a nice menu for us. Very affordable for the special event, but dining can be pricey.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went to Mercato on the Saturday night of Memorial Day. We had a late reservation at 9 but there were open tables when we arrived so we would have been able to sit either way.

The ambiance is great. There is outdoor seating, bar seating and dining room. The windows open all the way out to the patio so even if you are inside you feel outside it’s really great.

Service was great, waitress super attentive and our food came out quickly. We ordered cocktails and ordered a bunch of apps. We ordered the following:
-Roasted veg board
-Charcuterie board
-Burrata and beat salad
-Meatball
-Mushroom Crostini

Some notables in the above dishes. The mushroom toast is incredible. It’s 3 pieces of toasted bread with Kennet square mushrooms and smothered in cheese. It also had an amazing truffle aromatic which made it absolutely delightful. The burrata and beat salad was delicious. The boards were good, I wouldn’t say the best I’ve ever had. The veg board had a lot of super hot long hot peppers on it that unless you were into were kind of not edible. I do think the waitress should have pointed that out when she delivered the food, just as a “in case you didn’t know” comment. The meatball was just ok to me as well but my friend loved it and says it’s her favorite thing on the menu so maybe it was just me.

I will say overall with the food above it was all in need of salt. Big time. I feel like it would have taken the flavors to the next level because they were there but just didn’t pack a punch.

We did order the cannoli and the Nutella pizza for dessert however. Holy moly. Order the Nutella pizza. Go there sit at the bar and get cocktails and the Nutella pizza. You will be so happy you did!!!!!!

Overall the experience was great.

1  Thank rhiggs79
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Very friendly staff with whom I've had some great conversations, and the food is great! Their lunch buffet is only $10 and all-you-can-eat. Wine and beer lists make for good reading, and the menu items (non-buffet) are really quite good.
A beautiful place set in a beautiful little city!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Saturday night is definitely not the night to go to this too crowded, too loud and too busy restaurant. The food is average at best. We shared a calamari appetizer which was hot and very well prepared, then the whole meal fell apart, slow entre service, it was so loud you couldn't have a conversation and when the plates finally came out our dinners were cold. Over cooked octopus and over cooked veal. I could have done better myself at home. West Chester and the whole area have too many good restaurants to choose from, we definitely will not be going back to Mercato.

1  Thank judithm805