“Above and beyond”
Review of Micro Diner

Micro Diner
Ranked #401 of 2 301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Cute place, small, friendly, good food and prices. Went for a birthday breakfast for a friend. Waitstaff Connie was pleasant, efficient and went ABOVE and Beyond by running over to the bakery to get a cupcake for the birthday. She brought it out with a candle and beautifully presented with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Delicious cupcake from the nearby bakery too. Friendly, homey place with folks like Connie who take the time to add the extra to make it special! Thanks,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

It's very bar food. I ordered Poutine which I love when it's done correctly. The Micro way is with pot roast. It's a great concept but where they go massively wrong it the cheese. They drop on these deep fried cheese triangles instead of curds. Not my favorite. I ordered "to go" so I can't speak to the service

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I called to place an order for delivery. After I gave them my contact information I was placed on hold twice and then hung up on. No biggie...it's Sunday after church we just want to eat so I call back. I place my order for delivery she tells me it could take an hour or I can pick it up in 30 minutes so of course I'll just pick it up.

We ordered off the menu on the WEBSITE...chorizo omelette, French toast with a side of bacon and a side of corn beef hash. We get home and it's missing quite a few things....the toast that was supposed to come with the omelette, the stuff listed on the website of what was supposed to actually be in the chorizo omelette and the side of bacon.

Now I have had my order messed up before at the diner and I'm not one of "those" people who complains or writes bad reviews orrrrr even calls about missing food that we picked up and paid for only to get home and discover we didn't get what we paid for!

I called because my 7 year old was upset that he didn't get his bacon and tbh he is the one who begged the whole ride home from church about wanting their French toast and bacon!

When I said why I was calling they wanted to put me on the phone with Lisa, the person who took my order and listed on our receipt. I began to tell her that our order was missing some stuff and she yells "your going to have to speak up if you want me to hear you" . So I "speak up" and start over with the chorizo omelette that only had chorizo, peppers and onions. She immediately is on the defense and getting smart yelling that's what's supposed to be on it. I tell her that on the website it says jalapeño peppers, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream. Still with an attitude "you must be talking about the Tex Mex Omelet we used to have but we don't sale that anymore. "

I explain again that I'm only reading what is listed on the websites menu for the Chorizo Omelet only to get cut off by her saying she doesn't know anything about that she only knows what's on the menu in front of her and then says so is there anything else ma'am?

Actually yes I'm missing the toast and the side of bacon and I was interrupted again with "then what do you want me to do have it made for you to pick up?" I said you know what it's fine and she screams THEN FINEEEEEE and hangs up!!!

They need to work on customer service skills with their employees! I didn't get my wheat toast, bacon and my omelette had less than half of the ingredients listed on the website!!!!

Please tell me why Lisa is mad because I'm the one who paid for food that I didn't receive!!! I guess I'm supposed to ask the waitress taking my order over the phone for delivery if the menu online is accurate?!?

Of course I call back and ask to speak to a manager about how I was just screamed at and hung up on because my order was messed up and here goes LISA in the background screaming again " she got smart with meeee!!

The manager/sister of the owner on the phone was sweet and said she was going to leave me a gift card but I won't be going back there.

I'm not driving back up there to give Lisa an opportunity to get rowdy in person!

So yea no I don't want a refund, gift card or the food I paid for and didn't get!

This isn't the first time I felt like their employees needed to brush up on their customer service skills but it's the last time I'm going to subject myself to that type of disrespect.

1  Thank StraightUpNoChaser
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Visiting from out of town. Staff made great recommendations, food was delicious, and atmosphere is welcoming and diner perfect! We loved it! Check them out...the view getting there is pretty fantastic as well.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

If your app tells you it’s only a 20 minute walk, and it’s a beautiful sunny day, and you’re at the bottom of the incline, do not walk there! Drive or take the incline!

We walked. Fortunately, the food was worth it. They serve breakfast all day, which was good because It was breakfast time when we left the hotel.

We had the cinnamon French toast, the Nutella pancakes and the strawberry stuffed pancakes. All were delicious. So good in fact that we went back the next day. Would highly recommend as a breakfast place. Everybody was very friendly.

But be prepared to wait, because when they say micro they mean it. The place only seats about 30 people at a time.