“I wanted to like the lobster roll”

Roland's Seafood Grill
Ranked #156 of 2 288 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to like the lobster roll but I didn’t. Yes it was big and filling and unusual but it didn’t have the flavor I was looking for. A lot of meat and bread but I guess I should have dumped my coke slaw into the sandwich. Too dry so I had to take a sip of Pepsi every bite. Next time I’ll stick to a more traditional roll.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant is located on Penn, right on the strip. Saturday's are crazy, lots of people on the strip shopping, and we ate outside with our dog. They are pet friendly! The menu was great and they are vegetarian friendly, too. I had the chicken club sandwich with fries. Love their bread! Wife had the grilled veggie sandwich. Food and service were outstanding and the place was busy! If I'm back on the strip, I'm back at Rolands!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The family took me out for oysters on the half shell for my Fathers Day dinner. Roland was great as always

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We stopped here for a light lunch while walking in the Strip District and sat on their downstairs sidewalk patio. Had the jumbo lump crab cakes, mussel pot and a couple drinks. Everything was very good including the service. The mussel pot was huge, we didn't expect that many and couldn't finish the order. I would return again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Our family had a great experience here. The service was fast and friendly. I had the Pasta di Mare. I chose linguini pasta. It had mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops with red sauce. It was amazing. I couldn’t eat it all. My spouse had a pizza that was good and also Maryland style crab soup. Both were very good. My 7 year old had a pasta with red sauce. He enjoyed it. Overall it was a great experience.

Been to Roland's Seafood Grill? Share your experiences!