“Anthony’s as always never disappoints”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #133 of 2 426 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

So if u have not been here get there great pizza coal fire cooked amazing! The appetizers meatballs with cheese awesome! You must must have Anthony’s signature salad with or without Gorgonzola wow!!!! Best salad you will try don’t wait get there!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

love their tuna sandwich on focaccia...had their pumpkin beer back in the fall and I'm not a beer drinker, but it was so good! the rim had pumpkin sugar around it! my only negative is it's very noisy there...hard to hear in a conversation...service was good though

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We ate dinner here on an overnight stay nearby.
We had the pepperoni pizza, a white pizza, a cheesesteak pizza, wings, and a tomato mozzarella salad.
All were very good.
We are pizza snobs, mainly for wood or coal fired New York and New Haven styles.
Anthony’s is a very good version, definitely the best pizza chain we’ve ever eaten, very similar to an artisan pizza place.
The coal fired wings were good as well and interesting.
They had a great variety of micro brews as well as domestics.
Our service was terrific, very knowledgeable and customer service oriented!
Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered a cocktail and they were out of the main ingredient, so settled for a soda. Waitress seemed busy chatting with her co-workers and not concerned about us. Ordered prosciutto on pizza and it was forgotten. Waitress noticed and took it back. It was placed on top and not cooked on the pizza. The “sauce” was just chunks of mushy tomatoes. It was bland and dry by the crust with just a burnt taste. I couldn’t finish one slice. The pizza chef was eating while making customers food-GROSS! And I’m pretty sure that’s a health violation. Pizza was very expensive. Small/personal pizza with 3 toppings $20! I did complain to the manager and he was really nice and took the cost of my meal off the check. He was the only positive thing about my dining experience at this restaurant!

1  Thank Lori J
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We walked in on a Thursday evening. There were maybe 6 patrons at the bar and 3 tables were occupied (so not busy). We waited at the hostess station for several minutes before anyone greeted us or even made eye contact. We were then seated and did not have anyone come back to our table for at least 10 minutes. A young bus boy brought clean plates and silverware to our table but did not introduce himself or take our drink order. We continued to wait for a server to come take our drink order. I couldn’t even identify who was working there, the place seemed abandoned. I looked around at the other patrons there- their drinks were completely empty, they were looking to get their checks, looking for their food. We got up and left before anyone even attempted to wait on us.

If this place intends to employ young kids, they should train them on how to work in the SERVICE industry.
We will not be back, and I encourage all others to avoid it here!!!!

1  Thank lsmith239