Reviews (1 022)
1 022 results
All reviews double tree cookies monroeville convention center top floor corner room breakfast buffet room was clean nice hotel hot tub staff was friendly business trip great place to stay parking lot easy access convenient location pa turnpike mall
58 - 63 of 1 022 reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel was clean- beds were comfortable. Shower has good water pressure.
Staff was helpful in finding a restaurant for dinner.
We weren’t there long enough to use the amenities offered.
Wish they had free coffee in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kimmysue42
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Survived dance competition! Josh Kemp was exceptional in helping us get checked in and was incredibly patient with us and the 400 other dancers there for the competition. Easy walking distance to the Monroeville Convention Center.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SEA0911
Reviewed 22 March 2018

For the price you would expect a mini fridge in every room. Breakfast was okay, was at complimentary level breakfast buffet except you had to pay. I would not pay the extra price of the room cost for breakfast, I would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dnwillia2
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel was booked to accommodate several business associates as part of a business trip. Check in was efficient and you received a warm cookie upon arrival. Typically as a Hilton honors member you receive a bag of goodies that include water but I didn’t get one but the front desk obliged. There is a restaurant is on premise which I will review separately but it works if you don’t want to go out. I ordered room service for breakfast and it arrived in about 15 minutes and was delicious. The fitness center is well appointed and there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The room was spacious and well laid out for business. The towels are super soft and the bed was comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and checked throughout the visit to make sure all was well. If you’re in the area I would recommend it. It is walking distance from a mall with other eating accommodations if needed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank bballmama2
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We stayed at this hotel as part of a hockey tournament along with six other teams from our organization. The tournament placed us in this hotel so we had to stay here. I love and prefer Hilton properties and have never had a bad experience at a DoubleTree. Up until this point.

Upon check in, we were forced to sign a waiver that added additional rules to our stay, above those that a normal guest would have. We were not allowed to bring in any hockey sticks to the hotel premises. We had over $600 worth of sticks that I had to keep in my car and not secure in our hotel room. The hotel posts on signs in the parking lot that they are not responsible for any losses due to theft while parked on their property. Well because we were profiled as a "hockey family" and had to sign a waiver to stay there we had to leave our stick in our car. One of the parents in our organization attempted to discuss this policy with the front desk and was told "you signed a waiver stating you would not bring sticks into the hotel." The front desk refused to hold the sticks behind the desk and when the parent brought his sticks up to his room to protect his personal property, the front desk called two cops and a constable to remove him from the hotel.

In addition, we were subjected to additional rules that would not apply to a normal guest.

At check in, the hotel did not have a room that fit 5 people, even though when I confirmed my room prior to arrival over the phone, I was assured I would have a roll away bed available in my room. Only after physically dialing the Hilton customer service number on my phone was I told by the front desk that they had a room available (although handicapped accessible) that would fit my family. The front desk was unwilling to provide the room that I had reserved until corporate customer service got involved.

This hotel is only interested in taking your money and not treating you as a guest. If you like to pay money to be treated as an inconvenience then this is the hotel for you. If you value customer service and want to be treated as you should be at a hotel then stay away from this hotel. If you are a hockey family staying here for a tournament, contact Hockey Time Promotions and tell them that your team would like a more hockey friendly hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank PinFam13
Joshua K, other at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello,

Thank you for giving us your honest feedback regarding our hotel. We will be sure to review this information with our management staff and discuss ways to ensure you will have a better stay in the future. Thanks again for choosing the Doubletree. Have a great day.

Warmest Regards,