Reviews (1 047)
1 047 results
All reviews outback steakhouse pa turnpike room was clean right next door bottled water convenient location front desk staff complimentary breakfast parking lot the breakfast area a great stay off the highway would stay again very nice hotel fresh fruit easy access long drive
33 - 38 of 1 047 reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2018

On a recent trip, we decided to break up the drive with a stopover near Pittsburgh. This Hampton Inn was convenient, and being Hilton Honors peeps, we got a room. While it's a little tricky getting to the hotel, which I blame on whomever does the civil engineering for the great state of Pennsylvania, but once there, the facilities and staff did not disappoint. We were greeted immediately and warmly. A few short minutes later we were on our way to our room. Clean, comfortable, and quite - exactly what we needed. There's an Outback Steakhouse that shares the parking lot, which is incredibly convenient, as well as other local retail shopping nearby. There's a nicely stocked pantry with reasonable prices, which just adds to the convenience. The complementary breakfast was one of the better 'free hotel' breakfasts we've had recently. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the convenience of our location! We hope to have you back next time you're in the area!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice place. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and informed. Convenient to Pittsburgh attractions and highways. Lots of eateries and shopping in the area. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Our staff tries to make sure each guest's stay is as memorable as the last, so we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you back next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Very friendly staff, excellent complimentary breakfast (including mini western omelets, hash brown potatoes, and waffles). Outback restaurant attached made dinner very convenient. I would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thanks for the great review! Our staff tries to make each guest's stay as memorable as the last, so we're glad you enjoyed your stay! We're also happy that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the Outback next door. Hope to see you back here soon!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I flew in from Dallas through a storm. The airport got my luggage & my suit wet for a funeral. Tammy was working late shift and offered to dry suit in the hotel dryer. Suit dried, Tammy saved the day!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're so glad Tammy was able to help you out and save the day! We'll be sure to pass the review on to her. Our staff does our best to make sure each guest's stay is as memorable as the last, so we're glad you had a good stay! Have a great day!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

I’m a Hampton Inn regular, but this was my first stay at this Hampton. It was OK, but I was not impressed. I doubt that this older hotel was originally built as a Hampton, so the result is a cramped lobby and breakfast area, older/traditional room layout, awkwardly placed front desk, and some design elements that don’t make sense. An Outback restaurant is attached, and was a typical, average, example of the brand for my dinner.

The good:
• Location is convenient to the Turnpike, UPMC East, and several restaurants within a short drive
• Front Desk evening staff are very friendly and helpful, and I was recognized as an HHONORS gold member
• The hotel appears to have been partially recently renovated, with new furniture in the rooms, new carpet, and new public area décor

The not-so-good:
• I came here to sleep and the postage stamp-size flat pillows were completely inadequate! I can’t fathom who thought that tiny pillows would help anyone sleep (see my picture of the bed)
• Another reason I chose to say here was to get some work done, and that was difficult, too. Wi-Fi is slow and keeps dropping out, forcing you to frequently reconnect. I wonder if this is an attempt to get you to pay extra for faster service, which should simply be a part of the stay anyway. At a Clarion hotel where I stayed night before last, the Wi-Fi was at least 10X faster than at this Hampton, and free. The nearby Lowe’s store guest wi-fi is actually a stronger signal, and faster service – that’s what I ended up using during my stay.
• My bed was not as firm as I’ve come to expect at Hampton.
• The in-room HVAC is controlled by a wall thermostat, but for some reason, it’s mounted about five feet away from the HVAC unit, in the path of the air blowing from it. It’s very difficult to regulate the air temperature in the room – most hotels place the thermostat on a far wall, facilitating proper control. These thermostats should be moved.
• The room was clean, but my bathroom was not – crud on the toilet, grime in the tub – not up to Hampton standards.
• No USA Today or other newspaper in the morning – when did they remove this amenity?

Would I come here again? Possibly, if I had to be in the area. Many other hotels are all within a short distance, and I’d consider one of those, too.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Louis59
Hampton Inn M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I'm sorry that you weren't fully satisfied with your stay. In the future, we do have alternate foam pillows upon request, which may provide more support for you. I apologize, also, for the quality of your internet connection. We have been working with our provider to correct that issue. We do appreciate the feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!