Lowest prices for your stay
US$98
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$98
SAVE US$10
PricelineUS$98
RodewayUS$98
getaroom.comUS$100
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Mostly a good experience but we did have and issue the morning of the day of checkout. We left for breakfast and also left the sign on the door do not disturb only to find the room open and cleaning people in it. We did pack our bags prior to leaving for breakfast but feel they should have verified before entering the room since checkout is at 11.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I travel through Milford at least twice a year, going from Maine to Virginia. This is about a half way point to my final destination in Virginia. In the past, I have always stayed at another motel in Milford, but while that motel professes to be pet friendly, the person running the place completely freaked out on me because they were afraid my 17 pound terrier, who always travels with me, and who is seven years old, and completely house trained, would, I guess, destroy the room. I have no idea WHY they took this attitude, because I had stayed many times in the past with no problems, but, after enduring a tongue lashing, and being made to put a sheet on the bed over the bed spread (not a big deal, I guess, but they made a big deal OUT of it), I swore I would NEVER stay there again. I debated about trying to reach Wilkes-Barre and going to the Motel 6 there, but it really is too long a haul for two senior citizens in one day from our home in Maine, so I had to find another pet friendly motel in Milford. After reading the reviews for the Rodeway Inn, I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. The owners were very accommodating and pleasant, and the price was on par with the other motels in Milford. Yes they charge a pet fee, but it is worth it, as they do not hassle you about the dog, and there is plenty of space to walk your pet. The room was clean, odor free, and the beds were very comfortable. On the way down, my husband accidently left our car manual in the room, and when I called to book a room on my return trip home, the owner told me it had been turned in after we left, and he had been hoping I would come back, as he was holding it for us. I was gratified that he had made the effort to keep it for me, and remembered me. You don't get this kind of service everyday anymore. Oh, there is also a good Chinese restaurant right on site, which, after a long day's drive is welcome, as you don't have to go looking for a place to eat. At any rate, I am well pleased with this little motel, and will be making it my regular Milford stopover from now on.

Room tip: Call ahead for a pet friendly room
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Needed something cheap and dog friendly on a cross country drive. It was cheap. Dog fee only $10. Check in was friendly. Room was dated (ceiling peeling in bathroom) but serviceable. I was okay with all of it and had a good sleep. However, when we walked out this morning OMIGOD did it stink! I saw septage overflow flowing from the holding tank, pooling in the grass and running into the parking lot. We told the clerk, who seemed unconcerned. It seems a significant health hazard!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

First, watch out for the bait & switch on some booking websites that promise one rate then conveniently hide the actual rate on the final page until you've committed. I paid 2x the rate promised (the reason I chose this place was that I needed a cheap one night stay with my dog).
Secondly, they have only 3 rooms that allow dogs, so if you have a dog, CALL them to confirm the room you booked is a dog-allowed room. We were nearly turned away, although I'd had the reservation for 2 weeks. The booking website did not allow me to mention we had a dog. The front desk person was very helpful in getting us a dog-room, although she was not pleased to have to alter the room assignment.
Thirdly, upon arrival there was an AWFUL sulfur smell right next to the parking area and rooms. Clearly there was an issue with their septic system being overloaded/backing up. The ground near the stairwell was puddled with sewage liquid. Hopefully they addressed that quickly, but our stay was VERY SMELLY.
Lastly, the cons of the place are all minor: I've stayed at the worst hiker-hostels around, so my standards are pretty low. The motel itself is quite dated. The parking lot is old and needs repair, the shower head was old and weak, the bathroom grout is dirty, the beds are hard, even for someone who likes a hard mattress, there's no coffee maker in the room. HOWEVER, it is clear that, in spite of the age, the owners are updating a bit at a time. There was new paint on the walls, new tv's, new microwaves and fridges, new digital air conditioners, new sink counters and fixtures. The place was as clean as it could be, given its age. Lots of grassy areas to walk the dog. A Chinese restaurant basically attached to the motel that seemed very popular (we did not go). But most of all, very helpful and friendly staff that was able to work with a few challenges with a smile.
Honestly, my only real complaint is that it cost 2x what I had been expecting. $158 for one night at a place of this caliber is ridiculous. I don't fault the motel, but the booking website, and my failure to see that the amount had changed during the booking process.

Room tip: If you have a dog, there are only 3 rooms for dogs. CALL AHEAD to confirm they've got one available. Don't rely on an online booking site!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed on the first floor next to the stairs to the second floor. Too much noise in this room. Stay away from the stairs. It's a good location near 84. Ample parking and a good cheap place to stay for the night.

Date of stay: September 2017