“Beautiful place and great food”

Chovy's Italian Casual
Reserve with OpenTable
Chovy's Italian Casual is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Meadville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Took a Worship Minister friend here after church. What a beautiful place. Very friendly environment. Food was excellent. More than we could eat. Prices are very reasonable. Highly recommend.

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thanks so much!! We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My daughter, her friend and I stayed at a nearby hotel (in walking distance) and received a 10% coupon. It started raining as we walked. They walk faster than I, entering the restaurant before me, requesting a table for 3. The hostess told them she wasn't seating them because they looked too young to be there--HUH? They are 17, they were waiting for a third person and communicated that. I found that an odd reception on hostess' part. Further, we are from Pittsburgh. These girls have eaten out alone in numerous restaurants and have never been denied seating because of presumed age. Luckily, our waitress was a different caliber. She was nice and provided prompt, efficient service. We ordered wedding soup which was very good. The pizza, half marguerita/half pepperoni, was a smaller 8 cut but it was tasty and baked just right. We also ordered a plate of spaghetti with meatballs, which was less appetizing. The sauce seemed watered down (?) and a bit spicy for traditional sauce. I would consider this restaurant average, where a 10% coupon isn't a substantial savings.

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I have to say that I'm a little shocked that the girls were greeted in that way. We certainly don't have any issues with teenagers dining alone and we do a lot of dates, prom, etc.!! I would really like to discuss your experience with you. If you would be interested in providing me with a little more information, please give me a call...814-724-1286.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Chovy’s based on our experience last year when we’re passing through Meadville.

Our son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren have recently moved to the area.

The restaurant was very busy but we were seated without waiting.

We selected appetizers of cheese sticks and fried zucchini. Everyone enjoyed both, though the adults particularly enjoyed the zucchini. Portions were enormous, but we managed to enjoy our entrees.

No room for dessert, plus we were coming home to celebration cake made by our granddaughter.

Scott looked after us well.

Just one small suggestion, as our son and his family are all vegetarians we hoped there would be greater selection for them. It was good to see Gluten free had its own small section.

Pasta dishes could be either, would you, Chovy’s, consider putting wording similar to “ vegetarian option available” alongside dishes that could be vegetarian?

We will return on our next visit to Meadville

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We're honored that you chose Chovy's! to celebrate such a huge milestone. It's great to hear that everyone enjoyed their visit. Because so much of our menu is made to order, people often alter ingredients to fit their diets. Our Chef is happy to accommodate most requests!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

After a disappointing visit in Feb. 2017 I was hesitant to return. The management at that time contacted me to resolve any issues that we had. I recently returned and ordered the same meal that was lacking before. Well, it was absolutely wonderful. It was a party of 3 and all of our meals were outstanding and the service was outstanding as well. We will be returning much more often.

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for giving us a chance to redeem ourselves!! I'm so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this great restaurant as a result of a snow storm, and I’m sure glad I did! I stayed at a nearby hotel which gave me a 10% off coupon. From the moment I walked in, I felt right at home. The hostess was pleasant and my waiter, Duncan, was out of this world with his friendliness, and prompt service. My cocktail arrived in a very timely manner which for this Irish gal is very important. Hahaha.... My salad was fresh and a good-sized portion. The entree was also served very promptly, and with a witty and quick banter with Duncan. I really enjoyed my dinner and my time spent here. Prices were very reasonable. Thank you for feeding this weary traveler.

Becky G, General Manager at Chovy's Italian Casual, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We are certainly glad to give you some relief during the storm! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner as well as Duncan's service. We hope you visit us again - perhaps during better weather?!!