“Very good”

Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Love their ribs and they are friendly to kids. Very professional and nice service! It is worth going if you are in Meadville!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We live in Pittsburgh but have a house at Conneaut that we travel to most weekends year round. Through the winter months it was not unheard of for us to eat @ Montana's at least twice a month....sometimes a third time w/take-out. In the summer we usually eat there once a month. Our meal on 7/7/17 was rough. The menu changes were broad eliminating favorite appetizers and fantastic desert items! The prices all appear to have increased as well. We had 3 different appetizers: the double order of fried green tomatoes were awesome as always, the calamari bland and the spicy shrimp heavy on fries that could have been eliminated and replaced with 2-3 more shrimp. The main course varied for all of us. The 2 biggest fails were my half rack of ribs that were charred on the underside and very tough. #2 we ordered chicken tenders from children's menu for my 14 month granddaughter and they had BONES in them. We told our waitress and nothing was done about it. As recently a 4 months ago we were always asked by manager how our meal was, now they are invisible. The turtle pie that replaced the Pecan Meltaway tastes like they picked up in the freezer section of Walmart. Gone are the oversized deserts! Instead you can get tomato soup and grilled cheese or a variety of pastas. You messed with a great menu and fell flat. My bill was $277....the meal was worth about $175. Quality means everything to a customer!

1  Thank sus1321
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

You can't go wrong with a stop here. They just changed their name to Cannons Rib and Choo House. Excellent steaks, cold beer and very good service.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Ate here during a weekend visit to Meadville and choose it due to it's high rating on TA. Got there in time to take advantage of Happy Hour prices and didn't catch the fact that my sister's well drink wasn't discounted. The crunchy shrimp appetizer was ok - could have used more shrimp and fewer fries but the dish was filling at least. My sister choose the Fish n Chips and received 3 breaded filets of what could very well have been Morton's frozen fish - very uniform rectangular breaded pieces - not what either of us expected. The sweet potato fries that accompanied her dish were well done and most likely of the previously frozen variety. I had a steak Caesar salad and fared a bit better. The steak was prepared as requested and the salad was tasty enough - a bit strange with both Caesar dressing and balsamic but they worked fairly well together. My sister commented about the changes that had come with the new owner/name change - not for the better unfortunately.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I had never been to this restaurant, but it was recommended by a local so we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. The food is above-average and the variety is exceptional. I ordered a dinner which I thought was wonderful. Those who ordered sandwich options were not as impressed. Bar service is great, nice variety of mixed drinks and beer. TV's where I could watch the Pens game.

1  Thank retiredandlovinit