“Good but small menu”

Mickey's Central Fire Station
Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with my son. Service was good, it's a nice atmosphere. I had the beef brisket sandwich with a side of baked beans. The beans were excellent. The brisket was fatty. I admit that I've never had it before at a restaurant so I'm not sure if that's normal. The sandwich had slaw on it that was made with Brussel sprouts. I loved it but I can see how someone expecting regular coleslaw might be disappointed. My son had wings which he enjoyed. The menu is kind of small with a lot of similar items, entrees not available until after 4 pm.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This place has had its ups and downs and has always had great potential, but the overall atmosphere and food quality has always been disappointing, and you can do much better for the same or less elsewhere in town. It has its cadre of loyal customers, but we are not among them.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Food and service are great! I really enjoyed my meal here. The brisket sandwich had broccoli slaw on it which was a nice touch

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Best wings in a long time, delicious burger, from scratch artichoke dip and our super helpful, friendly and fast waitress Kay! Would definitely go back tomorrow night ! New name is Firehouse Tap and Grill.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

My husband and I visited, for our very first time, on a Tuesday afternoon. We were quite pleased with everything. We were told their menu changed, to having more slow cooked barbecue choices. We both had the hand breaded cod sandwich, which was very good. It came with one side - he chose a salad & I chose the baked beans. The salad was a large size, fresh, & great homemade dressing (balsamic vinegarette) They were the best slow cooked barbecued beans I've ever had, made with pieces of beef brisket in them. The staff and one of the owners were very friendly and went out of their way to please us. Excellent! Well worth the visit...