“Good breakfast”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I had blueberry pancakes and my husband had eggs Benedict. Very large portions. I drink decaf coffee and in many places it is horrible. This was really good. It took a while to be seated and also to check out, but the service at the table was good.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Stopped here on a trip back from Pittsburgh. Had the $8 meatloaf that came with mashed potatoes and corn with pepper. Very nice. They have a special price also for coffee and pie. I had the Wildberry pie which was good. I had a efficient waitress. I think her name was Lou or Lu and she was attentive to her customers. A real asset to the place.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Good old standby. Been in and out of here many times over the years. You can always count on a good breakfast at any time of the day. Menu is updated and the dinner we had there recently was quite good.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I've had some really good Perkins meals, and some really bad ones over the years. Luckily all of the various meals I've had at this Perkins have been the really good type. We ate breakfast and dinner here during a recently visit to see family, breakfast was just my companion and I and dinner was with a large group of relatives. Both meals were very good, with excellent service from the waitress and good sized portions for reasonable prices.

It was nice to see some new items on the menu, the fried pickles were delicious. It was also nice to see the usual stuff on the menu - their pork chops are normally pretty good, and breakfast was solid as well. I got their Eggs Benedict and it was delicious with the eggs properly runny and a nice sauce. We took home the baked goods (muffins etc) for my hubby and he loved his blueberry muffin.

All in all, with both meals there wasn't anybody at the table who didn't enjoy their food and walk away full and happy. For a restaurant like Perkins that's what you want really, you're not looking for innovative cuisine you just want a good solid meal at a fair price, and in that regard they delivered.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

On our way to Erie, my hubby and I typically stop for lunch at Perkins in Meadville. Despite other places to eat, this place offers many choices, good value and a bakery! With less of a chance to get as much exercise as usual, I picked a salad and half a sandwich. The turkey sandwich was an actual slice of turkey on toasted wheat bread...very good. Hubby enjoyed his omelet with two pancakes on the side. We decided to have water rather than coffees so lunch was under fifteen dollars. Service was prompt and the restrooms were clean. I'm glad that we make it a habit to stop here as we are never disappointed.