“Love the gift shop and the food!”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Meadville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I love purchasing gifts and treats for myself there. I love the down home style food and the prices are great!

Reviewed 28 February 2015

We stopped for a quick lunch at noon. It was a mistake The place was very busy and it took 50 minutes for the food to arrive.

It was Friday and we all ordered fish. Another mistake. The food tasted okay but a couple of hours later we all had indigestion. I put no salt on my food -- not even the fries -- and I ended up drinking water for the rest of the day. Obviously the food was over salted.

Never going back.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

They have a new catfish entree that is coated with orange marmalade and encrusted with nuts - It was out of this world! I tried to re-create the dish at home, and it was a disaster. Guess I'll have to go back to Cracker Barrel and let them do their thing. Added bonus - this entree was on their low calorie section, but it didn't taste lo-cal!
The restaurant gets crowded, but even with tour bus groups coming in we only had to wait about ten minutes. The waitress was fantastic...she even brought us extra biscuits right out of the oven!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

I love their lemonade. My husband always get the country fried steak. Big portions great if you have teenagers that eat a lot.

1  Thank 25aniversary
Reviewed 16 October 2014

visited on oct 15,2014 at 5p.m. I have eaten in a lot of Cracker Barrels in different states. Absolutely the worst meal I've ever gotten anywhere!!! The salad looked old and I had to pick out the slimy partsl. I ordered the haddock dinner. all the food arrived cold. The fish had a strong fishy taste. the broccoli had a metallic off taste and the French fries might have been hot and crisp at LUNCHTIME when they were probably cooked. The biscuits were hard and stale..
Only up side was the waitress. she was prompt and kept asking if everything was o.k. didn't have the heart to tell her how bad the food was. should have gone across the street to Applebees where the parking lot was full.