Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Thomas_BAs
Hamburg, Germany

Beautiful view towards wilderness beach

Review of Paradise Cove
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2017
Stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it very much. Roms are very clean and spacious, view towards wilderness beach is stunning.
Very relaxed place as it is situated well off George on the Mountain top.
Date of stay: April 2017
    2.0 km from Paradise Cove
    0.5 km from Paradise Cove
    2.1 km from Paradise Cove
    View more hotels in Victoria Bay
    All reviews victoria bay southern cross comfortable beds beautiful garden wilderness breakfast accommodation surfers
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 31 March 2017

The boys and I had a great time in George and the Guesthouse made it all that more special. The breakfast setting and room setting was perfect for our weekend.

The guesthouse is also very close to the George Mall which made dinners and going to the movies at night very convenient.

Would stay again for sure!

Date of stay: December 2016
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Reviewed 14 March 2017

We now repeatedly have stayed here because we knew exactly what to expect.
    Starting with getting a warm welcome by Tersia, the pearl and heart of that place, we came to our clean and excellently equipped lodge with an overwelming view upon ridges and beaches.
    Enjoying the phantastic starheaven looking at the southern cross and Alpha Centauri, zipping an exquist bottle of red juice.
    The morning started again with an unique breakfast that is not only worth looking at ...
    Its only a short jump down to Victoria Bay to hang out at the beach and watching the surfers doing their wave picking...
    Try it all for yourselfes - you won't regret a single minute of your visit.

Date of stay: March 2017
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Amazingly beautifull views. Second time visiting paradise cove and absolitly love it. Well kept Clean rooms and bathrooms. a Big shower and properly running water coming from the shower! I also do like the fact that you may choose what you want for breakfast as I am very fussy... The fruit is so well presented. Just luv Tersia and Bella.

Date of stay: November 2016
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank bvresburg
    Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is a modern guest house in a nice situation, albeit a little off the beaten track, 6 or 7 miles out of the substantial town of George. It is well-appointed and satisfactory in a functional sense, but unfortunately lacks a feeling of warmth. We have had quite a number of holidays in South Africa and have stayed at 40 or more guesthouses and B&Bs. This one was one of the least satisfactory, and it is expensive by South African standards. It may be worth mentioning two specific points. Guests have to fill in a form (by 7pm!) covering the following morning's breakfast. This involves selecting the time at which you want your breakfast (within the overall 0800 - 1000 service period) and ticking boxes covering in detail all of the aspects of food required for breakfast. This is highly unusual and rather more appropriate for in-patients in a hospital. The other matter concerns laundry. We were staying for two nights and we needed to have laundry done. Naturally, one cannot expect a guesthouse itself to do the laundry, but it ought to make arrangements for the laundry to be done. Not so in Paradise Cove, where guests are informed that they should bring their clothes to a particular laundry in George and pick it up again. With our itinerary this was impossible. We will not go back to Paradise Cove.

Date of stay: February 2017
    1  Thank Edbarnes
    ParadiseCoveVicbay, Manager at Paradise Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Mr. Barnes,

I am so sorry I can not pin point you because I don't have your booking under Barnes but all the same I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfactory and I apologise that you had a bad experience. I know that in this business we will never be able to make all people happy because different things are important to different people some love the breakfast in this way and others don't and I respect your opinion about it however I did not state that you had to fill it in it is just a suggestion and lots of people don't do it and then it is no problem and if you did not fill it in it would have been much all right ( the reason for it is that when we are not busy I see what people eat before the time and I know what to get at the shop and what not and also the time is important to me because I don't want the fruits I make to stand and like to prepare it fresh for on the minute ) and then on your other point of laundry well I have always taken my guests laundry to the laundry and fetched it for them and paid for them and then just put it on the bill and so if you asked me I would have done the same for you and I am so sorry that you didn't speak to me about these things that bothered you for they were small and I could sort them out easily. Also it hits my heart that you did not feel warmth because it is very important to me that my Guests must feel warmth and feel taken care of and I failed in this with you and I apologise maybe I had some off days and did not feel well I cant remember but nevertheless I feel bad about it and hope I can make up for it one day. I see that you rate me off on the sleeping and this also surprise me for my Guests are always saying that they sleep like babies at Paradise Cove. Thank you for being honest about your experience I just wish you told me when you were here.
    We hope that one day you will stay with us again and so give us a change to make it an unforgettable experience.
    Warm regards Tersia

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Situated in Victoria Heights on a headland between George and Wilderness, the aptly named Paradise Cove was delightful. Paradise Cove consists of a block of 4 thatched cottages set in an immaculate garden in which are also situated the main reception area/dining room building and the house belonging to the German owners. There is a lovely pool area and masses of birds.
    In the block of 4 cottages there is a communal seating area with a microwave and additional crockery and cutlery as well as plenty of information leaflets for local attractions.
    Our cottage was number 3 and had the best view right along the beach and surrounding hillsides. We also had a good vantage point from which to watch the para-gliders take off from the nearby hillside. The room was high ceilinged with a natural thatch covering, the bed was extremely comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. The bathroom – much to our delight – had a proper wall-mounted shower as opposed to the rainshower model we hate.

We had breakfast in the patio area - a wide choice is available and it’s all prepared to order, with beautiful presentation.
    We would happily have stayed longer than the 2 nights we had as part of our road trip and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.
    We asked for a recommendation for a restaurant and were recommended “Girls” in Wilderness, which also provides a shuttle service for its diners. We had an excellent dinner there. The food was good and the service impeccable.

Room tip: cottage no. 3 had the best view over the beach
    Date of stay: January 2017