Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Edbarnes
London

Not Paradise

Review of Paradise Cove
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Feb 2017
This is a modern guest house in a nice situation, albeit a little off the beaten track, 6 or 7 miles out of the substantial town of George. It is well-appointed and satisfactory in a functional sense, but unfortunately lacks a feeling of warmth. We have had quite a number of holidays in South Africa and have stayed at 40 or more guesthouses and B&Bs. This one was one of the least satisfactory, and it is expensive by South African standards. It may be worth mentioning two specific points. Guests have to fill in a form (by 7pm!) covering the following morning's breakfast. This involves selecting the time at which you want your breakfast (within the overall 0800 - 1000 service period) and ticking boxes covering in detail all of the aspects of food required for breakfast. This is highly unusual and rather more appropriate for in-patients in a hospital. The other matter concerns laundry. We were staying for two nights and we needed to have laundry done. Naturally, one cannot expect a guesthouse itself to do the laundry, but it ought to make arrangements for the laundry to be done. Not so in Paradise Cove, where guests are informed that they should bring their clothes to a particular laundry in George and pick it up again. With our itinerary this was impossible. We will not go back to Paradise Cove.
Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
ParadiseCoveVicbay, Manager at Paradise Cove, responded to this review
Responded 23 Feb 2017
Dear Mr. Barnes,

I am so sorry I can not pin point you because I don't have your booking under Barnes but all the same I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfactory and I apologise that you had a bad experience. I know that in this business we will never be able to make all people happy because different things are important to different people some love the breakfast in this way and others don't and I respect your opinion about it however I did not state that you had to fill it in it is just a suggestion and lots of people don't do it and then it is no problem and if you did not fill it in it would have been much all right ( the reason for it is that when we are not busy I see what people eat before the time and I know what to get at the shop and what not and also the time is important to me because I don't want the fruits I make to stand and like to prepare it fresh for on the minute ) and then on your other point of laundry well I have always taken my guests laundry to the laundry and fetched it for them and paid for them and then just put it on the bill and so if you asked me I would have done the same for you and I am so sorry that you didn't speak to me about these things that bothered you for they were small and I could sort them out easily. Also it hits my heart that you did not feel warmth because it is very important to me that my Guests must feel warmth and feel taken care of and I failed in this with you and I apologise maybe I had some off days and did not feel well I cant remember but nevertheless I feel bad about it and hope I can make up for it one day. I see that you rate me off on the sleeping and this also surprise me for my Guests are always saying that they sleep like babies at Paradise Cove. Thank you for being honest about your experience I just wish you told me when you were here.
We hope that one day you will stay with us again and so give us a change to make it an unforgettable experience.
Warm regards Tersia
    R 2 359
2.0 km from Paradise Cove
1.9 km from Paradise Cove
View more hotels in Victoria Bay
All reviews victoria bay southern cross comfortable beds beautiful garden wilderness breakfast accommodation surfers
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Situated in Victoria Heights on a headland between George and Wilderness, the aptly named Paradise Cove was delightful. Paradise Cove consists of a block of 4 thatched cottages set in an immaculate garden in which are also situated the main reception area/dining room building and the house belonging to the German owners. There is a lovely pool area and masses of birds.
In the block of 4 cottages there is a communal seating area with a microwave and additional crockery and cutlery as well as plenty of information leaflets for local attractions.
Our cottage was number 3 and had the best view right along the beach and surrounding hillsides. We also had a good vantage point from which to watch the para-gliders take off from the nearby hillside. The room was high ceilinged with a natural thatch covering, the bed was extremely comfortable and there was plenty of storage space. The bathroom – much to our delight – had a proper wall-mounted shower as opposed to the rainshower model we hate.

We had breakfast in the patio area - a wide choice is available and it’s all prepared to order, with beautiful presentation.
We would happily have stayed longer than the 2 nights we had as part of our road trip and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.
We asked for a recommendation for a restaurant and were recommended “Girls” in Wilderness, which also provides a shuttle service for its diners. We had an excellent dinner there. The food was good and the service impeccable.

Room tip: cottage no. 3 had the best view over the beach
Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank travellerin2013
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We stayed at Paradise Cove for 6 nights in October for the second time, we cannot fault the location and the service, the host/manager Tersia is a tribute to the Guesthouse and its cleanliness and the breakfast is without question one of the best we have had in any guesthouse, a true eye to detail with the important things that matter, hot well cooked and loving prepared food, any one can do a breakfast but the quality is the lasting impression of the host and the location, beautiful grounds and delightful pool area.

This place is a true gem. We will return time and time again. We cannot praise Tersia and the team highly enough, thank you so much for looking after us and making this stay quite special.

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank KandVBrown
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Lovely setting looking down over Wildernesse beach. Thatched roofs in delightful garden with secluded pool. Delicious breakfast served out side if weather allows. 10 - 15 minutes drive to Wildernesse or George. Highly recommend.
Only comment - think extractor fan in bathroom would be an idea as it got very steamy

Date of stay: February 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Eleanor M
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went on a little holiday last week to this lovely place. Firstly, when we walked into the room and saw the wonderful view of the beach we knew this place was special. We could see the whole of Wilderness, the beach, and in the mornings how the sun comes up over the ocean. Secondly, the breakfast was amazing, we got served with some of the best looking (and tasting) fruits, omelettes, hot chocolate, etc. Tersia really knows what she is doing. Thirdly, the staff are really friendly and helpful, with the breakfast a friendly smile and chat, when we come into the room it was made up neat and tidy.
We really enjoyed our stay, and we really do recommend it to everyone who would be going to this area.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ferdinand B
Paradise Cove S... V, Manager at Paradise Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2015

Wow! I know in this business I will never be able to make all people happy but if it warms my heart every time that I can hear that we made someone so happy with their stay with us. You are welcome and we are so glad that you enjoyed it. See you next time :)

Reviewed 6 December 2015

We were in Paradise!!!What a wonderful place,the Guesthouse is so nice and our room has had a perfect view on Wilderness beach.Everything was really excellent and a big thanks to Tersia,Bella and the team who made our stay so perfect.

Date of stay: November 2015