33 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (3 104)
3 104 results
1 031
1 031
All reviews ice skating champagne tower our honeymoon breakfast and dinner get away heart shaped jacuzzi mini golf garden of eden apple year anniversary bring your own romantic getaway all you can eat your partner paddle boats buffet style have a good time private pool
Selected filters
393 - 398 of 3 104 reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

From the moment we stepped on the premises we were greeted SO kindly by everyone. The front desk ladies were incredibly kind and helpful, everyone from waitstaff, hostesses, housekeeping etc were incredibly kind and went above and beyond to help us. The food was very good, the drinks were affordable, the activities and amenities on site were really nice and fun. The grounds are stunning and I was so happy we were able to rent a golf cart! We stayed in the champagne towers so it was a little walk to the main lodge, and since it rained one evening when we were there the golf cart saved us on our way to dinner haha. We also had fun on the lake with paddle and row boats.

The room was very clean, I really appreciate that our gift packages were in the room and that our room got cleaned in a timely manner!! Everything was in working order, the bed was SO comfortable and we enjoyed the two TVs. We were able to plug an HDMI from a laptop to the TV and watch Netflix before bed which was great :). Overall a wonderful experience. I’m definitely coming back and bringing my friend couples with me!! You guys are amazing, thank you for making our weekend away fun and relaxing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PoconoRomance, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

<3!! Thank you!

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We are on our last night at this resort. we left our room at noon and came back at 9:30pm to find a bag of towels sitting outside of our door and no beds made, room cleaned . Etc. on speaking with the front desk we were told that no one is available to clean at this time. We didn't want it cleaned now we wanted it cleaned prior to our return !!

Our room needs new carpet and the balcony is in dire need of cleaning and painting.

The entertainment was good and the staff was friendly

1  Thank Libby K
PoconoRomance, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Very sorry about the misunderstanding on our part. I will be speaking to our Front Desk Team to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We have been to cove haven several times. It had been a few years. We used to love it. It used to be dated but, it was clean and really cute. We actually thought it was fun that it was a little dated. Now, it's filthy, absolutely disgusting. We had to request a new room because it smelled horrible, the champagne hot tub was falling off the wall, the carpet was torn , stained, had holes in it and smelled. The room pool was falling apart and had things floating in it. In the new room, not much better. We had to have them change the sheets because it was VERY obvious they were used. The toilet was plugged. We had to clean our hot tub , shower and the sinks because they were filthy and looked like they hadn't ever been cleaned. We spent 3 hrs changing rooms and waiting for The maids and maintenance to do their jobs. The arcade, skate area was closed before 5pm. The food was not edible. The food used to be ok, now I wouldn't feed it to a dog. There are no set times for anything. You just have to hope the employees are at their post when you try doing any activity. Everything is completely falling apart and absolutely disgusting. Its very sad. They did away with the breakfast in bed. They also stopped doing all the fun couples games they used to have (newly wed game, adult hot potato). It used to be a fun, clean (as in not covered in dirty and filth) couples resort and in a matter of 2yrs it's been run into the ground. The new owners really better get it together . I can't imagine what they could possibly do to make me ever go back.

7  Thank cbten4

We're very sorry that this was your experience. This is not usually the case and we want every visit to be absolutely perfect. We hope you come back to get the Land of Love experience you expected.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Went for one night as of 7/16/18, Stayed in the Champagne tower. I can say its not worth the money you pay AT ALL!! The room is so outdated, rips in furniture, dark, AC didn't work. BIG spider in the tub, ew. The room was actually really depressing, and wasn't something I looked forward to being in. The pool was under filled, mold in the crack. All the money the resort makes could go into fixing and updating these rooms. Its 2018, not the 1980's. Get the Egyptian theme gone!! At least the café food is well priced, and good quality. So thanks to the cooks whipping it up in the café. Indoor pool was cloudy, could've been taken well care of better. Whole resort needs to be updated. Young coupes go there too, not just old. Everything is old.

Room tip: Save your money, go to another resort.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kevin T
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

We are sorry you were disappointed with your recent experience at our resort and felt many things were old. We are looking forward to additional updates to come in the near future to continue improving the romantic guest experience we offer.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My husband and I have been going to Cove Haven every year since 2010. We are a part of their Forever Lovers program. We checked in as normal on 07/04/2018 with intentions to stay until Sunday 07/09/2018. We received a free night for Saturday which was earned thru points. On Saturday around 2pm,. we could not access our room. The front desk LOCKED our room. When I went to inquire, I was told that I needed to check out, pay CASH for my room charges and check back in. I have used the same Debit Card with them for over 10 years, and have received free nights and NEVER were we asked to check out, pay the room charges in CASH and check back in for the free night. We were told that they were under two different reservations. (Makes NO Sense) NORMALLY, when we leave the resort, I am charged for everything, and USUALLY my card is charged for the points. Due to the LACK of communication, and being told to Check out, we left on Saturday and did not stay for the free night. Also, there was a $50.00 hold placed on my card for the room charges, which has NEVER happened before. It is really sad how this resort has changed for the worst. A few couples that we travel with to Cove Haven each year has refused to go back, and my husband and I are thinking the same thing. My room smelled like Mold and Mildew, which also has NEVER happened before. My Husband and I LOVE Cove Haven, and all of its staff, but when you start to change things for folks, communication is KEY!!!! We will not be going back to Cove Haven, and that really upsets us, but when you are treated bad, that is the decision that you have to make.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KVJones
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

We are very disheartened to read about your single bad experience at our resort after many years of good experiences, as we want you to always have a memorable time when you stay at our resort. We're reviewing your feedback with our Front Desk staff and our Finance teams to ensure the processes we have in place are being carried out correctly and to the satisfaction of our guests,