Review Highlights
Although closed, lovely grounds

Only open on weekends, this is a lovely site close to the Roebling Bidge which we also wanted to... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
Susan F
Edison, New Jersey
via mobile
Very Interesting

Reviewed 9 July 2018
blcw2018
Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

First time to Zanesville. The museum was interesting and fantastic. First time that I looked at the life of a writer from Ohio who loved adventure!
A must-see for any one who loves to read!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

A lot of uphill steps, very steep. my wife not able to make the stairs leading into the museum. we had to turn away

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This a very interesting museum which covers many phases of Zane Grey's life. If you're lucky enough to be there during one of their open houses, there are full guided tours of the grounds and more information on the history of the place. Very nice people. The museum itself is quite small but many interesting exhibits.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I was glad to see that Zane Grey's home in Lackawaxen has been preserved, though the exterior could use a new paint job. I especially enjoyed visiting the nearby cemetery where Grey and his wife are buried -- in view of the home. The hours are not extensive, so be sure to check ahead of time. The museum would be most interesting to avid Zane Grey readers interested in his life. Others may not find it too exiting.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a great museum but make sure you check their hours and the days that they are open. We were fortunate that our host at the Roebling Inn on the Delaware called the museum and they opened up for my wife and I. I never realized what a world traveler he was nor the fact that he had been an active baseball player. This house is fantastic.

Date of experience: October 2017