Review Highlights
Although closed, lovely grounds

Only open on weekends, this is a lovely site close to the Roebling Bidge which we also wanted to... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
Susan F
Edison, New Jersey
via mobile
Zane Grey Home

This was a very interesting glimpse into the life of Zane Grey. It is part of the National Park... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2018
scronk73
Nesconset, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2018

A lot of uphill steps, very steep. my wife not able to make the stairs leading into the museum. we had to turn away

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This a very interesting museum which covers many phases of Zane Grey's life. If you're lucky enough to be there during one of their open houses, there are full guided tours of the grounds and more information on the history of the place. Very nice people. The museum itself is quite small but many interesting exhibits.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I was glad to see that Zane Grey's home in Lackawaxen has been preserved, though the exterior could use a new paint job. I especially enjoyed visiting the nearby cemetery where Grey and his wife are buried -- in view of the home. The hours are not extensive, so be sure to check ahead of time. The museum would be most interesting to avid Zane Grey readers interested in his life. Others may not find it too exiting.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a great museum but make sure you check their hours and the days that they are open. We were fortunate that our host at the Roebling Inn on the Delaware called the museum and they opened up for my wife and I. I never realized what a world traveler he was nor the fact that he had been an active baseball player. This house is fantastic.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

When you pull up it looks like it's going to be a great walk around inside a big house....not so. It's the first floor only with sound items that belonged to Zane Grey, a bed etc...and when I asked why I couldn't go upstairs I was told because it's all offices. Then why offer a tour?? I want to see everything! What was upstairs in those days? I'm sure he didn't just stay on the first floor in just a couple odd rooms! How many rooms were upstairs? What were they used for???
Me? I'd bring a lil picnic lunch and wander around the cemetery down the road. The headstones are sooooo interesting. Or go across the street and eagle watch like a lot of folks do.
In other words.....I thought Zane Grey "museum" was not worth the time I'll never get back. Sorry, but true.

Date of experience: October 2016