Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2020

This is the fifth year we've been here to celebrate our anniversary. This year was the best ever. Really appreciated the special care and personal attention both with our room and in the restaurant. Thanks Barb and all.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2020

I am an active customer of the Lackawaxen Inn for 35 years. Three weeks ago my friend and I from NYC went for dinner and ordered the chicken cutlet parm and it was amazing. Having more friends visiting this weekend from NYC, we decided to go to the Lack again. This experience was terrible. After my recommendation, two people in our party ordered the chicken cutlet parm. The chicken was overcooked, the sauce tasted like it was from the jar. When we complained to the owner, she started to interrogate us. Did we eat the food? Why didn't we send it back and get another dish (maybe because we waiting over an hour for the Chicken dish. Very rude and unprofessional. New Again after 35 years.

Reviewed 11 August 2020

The service was disgusting I was target they put order 1 hour away from the other they looked with disgusted and the food was disquietiibg for even though something got there same food as me I will be talking legal actions aggainst laxxwaxon inn if you don’t want any trouble shut down your restaurant or I will sue

Trip type: Travelled with family
Barbara Spanton, Owner at The New Inn at Lackawaxen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2020

what! are you kidding! nice try! get all the legal action you want, try a psychiatrist and an english teacher while your looking for your attorney! haters will be haters. enjoy your day.

Reviewed 26 February 2020

Went here for Sunday all you can eat brunch. The food was horrible. I literally spit out the eggs. Upon speaking with one of the owners at the end of our meal, I told him how unhappy and unsatisfied we were. I told him most of it tasted like prepackaged food, and not homemade made on the premises. He then admitted it was indeed prepackaged and brought in from outsources. I told him i was displeased with 90% of what I tasted that day. I told him I spit out the eggs and the mac n cheese looked like it came from a can. He said it did! I was beside myself, especially considering we paid $15 pp for this brunch! When I got my coffee, I added the creamers they had on the table. There were white things floating in my coffee after that! I told the waitress and she said "yes, those creamers always do that"! Seriously? They know this but continue to use those creamers? l We will never go back after our horrible experience, because if those foods were from an outside source and prepackaged, then you have to wonder if other foods for lunches and dinners are also? Its so sad that these owners do not seem to take any pride in their restaurant. Prepackaged foods is NOT the way to succeed and keep people coming back. Hire a chef that can actually cook homemade foods on premises and stop cutting corners. if I wanted prepackaged food that you just heat up, I could have make a trip to Sam's club! When I go out to eat, I want to spend my money to treat myself on homemade foods that is as good as my own food or better! These owners should be ashamed of themselves!

Date of stay: February 2020
Relax29769906524, Manager at The New Inn at Lackawaxen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

I'm sorry you were displeased. From what I remember, you sat with your plate to the side, as your husband ate quite well here on Sunday. All of our food is home cooked by our chefs, and not prepackaged. As a matter of fact, we were rated Best Breakfast Buffet in the River Reporter just this month in February. We have two great chefs with 30+ years of experience. As far as the creamers, they are packaged! The creamers sometimes separate when opened. Nothing new, happens with all those little packaged creamers, they are fresh, used in all establishments, and that's what some of them do. If you would had like regular milk for your coffee, we have that. We had over 100 people here on Sunday for Brunch, and had the opportunity to speak to most of the guest, and all of them satisfied. We also had over 100 guest here for Dinner that evening, and again had the opportunity to speak to our guest, all who were satisfied, enjoy our establishment, our customer service and our food. We have plenty of returning customers who love what we do. Again, sorry that you did not enjoy.

Reviewed 6 November 2019

Loved sitting outside with great views of the river, Bonus is that you may be lucky enough to see an eagle fly by. The friendly staff made it even nicer. The food was good but not what we expected - different recipe.

Date of stay: September 2019