“Good place for a movie and reasonably priced snacks (by movie standards)”

UA King of Prussia Stadium 16 IMAX & RPX
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Drove 30 minutes here because our 3 nearest movie theaters aren't showing Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs for some reason. The place was not overly busy and staff were friendly and efficient. The seats were a little weird in that they rock back and forth but otherwise the theater was fairly standard. I did notice that the snack food seemed cheaper than out local places too.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We travel 30 minutes to get to this theater because we have always liked it. This particular visit was quite frustrating.

I pick the wrong line...every time...no matter what. This time was no different. I even tried to trick myself. I wanted to get in the line on the right so I got in the left line since I'm always wrong. WRONG AGAIN! We literally stood in line for ten minutes behind 3 sets of people. Meanwhile the line on the right was flowing. People that hadn't even found parking yet were buying tickets and moving on while we still stood behind the same people. I wanted to scream. I was so irritated. When we finally got to the front of the line, we didn't even receive an apology for the unnecessary wait.

They do have machines where you can purchase tickets with no lines and no interaction with people which is what we prefer. However, in this case, we had movie vouchers which have to be redeemed at the ticket counter.

As you will see in my photos, cleanliness was lacking on this occasion which was disappointing to see. Someone had dropped nachos with cheese and no one was rushing to pick it up or even put a caution sign up at the very least.

The concession area is always helter skelter. You can't tell who is in line where or which lines are open. Again, speed and efficiency is not the name of the game here. They have a whole second side available if you want to buy snacks once you are already checked in to your movie, however this side is rarely open. We have only seen it open maybe 3 times in ten years...MAYBE.

Considering how many movie theaters are upgrading and that this is a huge theater in the great KOP hub, I think it's time for an upgrade. They could offer a lot more and at the very least, a lot better. The RPX seats available are a joke. We tried those once. They were extremely overpriced and were less comfortable than the regular seats.

Parking is plentiful. There are plenty of local restaurants to dine in pre or post movie. I like their new rewards program. I don't know if you have to but for some reason we had to choose our reward at the ticket window instead of at the concession stand. The "50% off popcorn" deal listed on the Yelp page is misleading because once clicked, it takes you to a long page of offers. It seems as though the popcorn deal is only offered on Tuesdays?

Lots of bathrooms with lots of stalls available and they are typically clean.

Decent selection of times available for each movie.

Never any sort of management presence...ever. Maybe that's what is needed to bolster up the service and cleanliness being provided.

Overall, disappointed in this visit. Hopefully they make some improvements soon because they need them...with service, cleanliness and atmosphere/seating.