“In Johnstown for a day....not Denny standards”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #81 of 179 Restaurants in Johnstown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our waitress was prompt and pleasant. The food came out quickly but it was awful. Terrible meatballs, the pot roast was tender without juice so it was dry. Mashed potatoes cold. The other item was a burger which was ok with cold fries. The bathroom was a mess.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Service was good and prompt. The quality of the food was average. The facility in general was filthy. The carpet was covered with food droppings, the windows were very dirty, ceiling tiles were missing. To top it off, mid way through my coffee drinking experience, I discovered old dried on ketchup on my coffee cup.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We could not believe how Denny's was this morning. We have eaten here before but if we were to judge it by today's experience, we would never ever return here again. We were seated in a reasonable amount of time. Our order was taken very quickly as well. That is when everything that could go wrong, did. It slowed right down. We waited over 1/2 hr for our meals.
All we ordered was water for our drinks. My order was of 2 pancakes only. My husband ordered the Everday Value Slam. That was it. We watched people come in after us, be seated and receive their order and over half way through their meal. When our meals finally arrived I told her that I was ready to get up and leave. Then she told us that they had a party of 18 people in the back room. That slowed them down. I then let her know that at least 3 other groups of people after we were sat and ordered......gave their orders and they all received their meals and were almost done. Sorry but 2 + 2 was not coming up to 4 for me.
If you decided to go there, if it looks busy, please pick a different place. That made for our day to go down hill. I am not hard to please but that was very uncalled for.
Kristy our server needs to be told this, "no matter what a person may order, be it a large order or even just a cup of coffee, please treat all the same. Don't hesitate to stop by and explain why their meal may be late or if you can get more to drink. Make them feel like you care about their stopping in at your place.".
Thankful we stopped at the local Highland Community Library and they all helped to lift our spirits.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Today Denny's offered a Free Make Your Own Grand Slam to Veteran's.
I had 2 delicious nice size buttermilk pancakes, 2 crispy fine strips of bacon, 2 perfect over easy eggs and nice serving of hash browns. All was perfect.
My husband ordered 2 buttermilk pancakes, red skin home fries - just a tad dry for my liking, 2 sausage patties, scrambled eggs (done how he likes and a reasonable serving).
Server was quite busy but came to our needs quite well.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The Dennys on Elton Road is always a good choice for a quick meal whether it's breakfast lunch or dinner . Service is good and food is always good. I had scrambled eggs sausage and pancakes hubby had the french toast with bacon, yummy. Place is always busy but the service is good and the place always looks clean and the rest rooms are clean.