All reviews the managers the main street secure parking free laundry room was clean going the extra mile place to sleep floor tiles lounge chairs without windows awesome service gave us great advice highly recommend this hotel bedroom suite young couple fresh towels pubs and restaurants
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

The absolute worst. I do not recommend staying here. The managers Greg and Michelle have the worst customer service. If this was any indication on what Griffith is like I will NOT go back. I would advise staying anywhere but here

Trip type: Travelled on business
TheGrandMotel, Manager at The Grand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Obviously you are the lawyer or the local Griffith woman who booked the lawyer to stay here last week. The lawyer decided he could stay in the room well after check out time without consulting the management team. We messaged and phoned several times and around 12 noon he finally called to say he was still in court. I informed this wonderful lawyer that he would be charged a late check out fee and he said he would be up right away to pick up his belongings. About 2pm in the afternoon the lawyer arrived back at the motel and went directly to the room where he told the housekeeper who was cleaning the room to get out. I charged the lawyer for a whole days stay as he reused a room after checkout and now this wonderful person is defaming us the managers out of spite. But we will now sue for damages and will be advising tripadvisor and as we have all their details will have no trouble tracking them down.I will also be putting in a formal complaint to the Legal Services Commission. Thanks Natasha.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We sought and were given a refund after we saw the room we'd been allocated - an internal, windowless room. It did have a small skylight in the high ceiling but this would not allow for cross-flow ventilation. We chose to stay at another motel. After I posted a 'Terrible' review on Trip Advisor the next day, the staff member on duty the night before rang and left a message on my phone threatening to recharge the room to my credit card if I didn't withdraw my review. Our experience of The GrandMotel was terrible.

Date of stay: October 2018
TheGrandMotel, Manager at The Grand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Deb, I am the Manager.

I believe you spoke with the owner. You booked your room through an online third party. It specifies this is an internal room with no external windows and has a skylight only. All the photos are current so you had all the relevant information.
Please note our cancellation policy. You were charged the cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy you agreed to when you booked.

I am not sure about someone leaving you a message and have only learned about this from your review but I will be investigating this matter. I would like a copy of this message so I can take further action as we cannot have posts saying we have "threatening staff".

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable bed.
Central location and easy walking to restaurants.
Excellent secure parking for our vehicle.
The ensuite was excellent and clean.
However the water tap in the hand basin was hard to control and made us wet more than once. House keeping was excellent as the room was made up each day with fresh towels.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheGrandMotel, Manager at The Grand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Hi Howard,

Thanks you for staying at The Grand and it's our pleasure to provide high standard service and clean rooms to our guests. Thanks for your feedback about the water tap, we will look into this and it will be fixed soon. Looking forward to see you next time and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Was in Griffith for business and thought the location of the motel was handy to everything. Staff were friendly and the room was clean. The bar fridge was a bit annoying though and you could hear people walking past the door but overall it was ok and I liked the secure parking. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for staying at The Grand. Our friendly staff are working hard to commit to ensuring your stay is both enjoyable and comfortable. Looking forward to see you next time and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

recently my husband and I booked and paid to stay at the Grand motel in Griffith for 2 nights. my husband, is disabled in a wheelchair. On the first night we barley slept, with the noise of a motor cutting in and out all night outside our window, the bed was very uncomfortable with us rolling into the middle. after complaining the next morning, we checked out. we requested our money back, using the fair trade for help and have been treated as liars from management. we are terribly upset at the way our situation has been handled. we have been offered another nights stay (which we have already paid for previously) with no refund. their word against ours, our loss.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheGrandMotel, Manager at The Grand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Karen, you did not come to reception, your husband did. You had the entire day and night to come and say something to reception (phone in your room) but you waited until the next morning as you were heading out for breakfast and did not even checkout until after you came back. Your complaint was that our bed was not a pillow top but ALL of our beds are the same pillow tops. You then wanted a refund for two nights stay not one night. You were offered a credit for the one nights stay but your husband said he would go to Fair Trading which we told you to go ahead and do so. Fair trading contacted us and that is the last we have heard from you and from Fair trading until now where you feel you must try to defame the Motel and the Managers .You were never made to be liars, this is a defamatory statement. We have other disability rooms, we could have moved you and Management is available 24/7 by dialling 9 on your room phone as it states in our compendium.