Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews kids club hotel restaurant balcony room breakfast was included short break pools spa court tennis char bella kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2018

We Stay Saturday and Sunday. The Room was clean and nice. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, The Restaurant was Closed for Sunday Dinner. All in All it was a good stay and the staff were excellent. However not exactly the location for me. Although not the Hotels fault we were in an adjoining door next to a young family who thought they were in their home and could talk very loudly from early morning (nice wake up) through out the day which meant staying in the room was not enjoyable

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2018

This thing has aged very badly. Once a grand icon of the area, it's very tired and weary. The rooms are 2 star at best, the grounds are dilapidated and the food below par. The place stank of dynamic lifter and old smoke in the carpet.

Room tip: Go someone else
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 28 237
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear 28237 ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Gerringong Resort. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We are in the middle of a room refurbishment to update our look and furnishings, as well as updating our landscaping. I am unware of a smell in the carpets, as the hotel is 100% non-smoking, and majority of room carpets were replaced just a few years ago, so are relatively still new.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

My stay was only a sleep and run stop.I booked online for the cheapest room.I grabbed my keys from a cheerful and personable woman at reception.Went straight to my room. Checked out the oncoming storm and two ducks sitting next to the very nice looking pool. The room was very good considering i paid the lowest price. It had everything i needed. I didnt check out any of the amenities. I just slept and run.looking pool

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for taking out time and writng kind words on our resort.
We look forward to welcome you again with ample time to enjoy our facilities.

Thanking You.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018

No hesitation in returning. We did have an issue with the first assigned room, this was quickly and professionally dealt with, however a drink voucher shouldn’t be restricted to a beer that was $2 less than the one I wanted without an option to chuck in the extra $2 to make up for it, a little disappointed there: $2 really!!! Put a price limit on a drink voucher if required and allow the option to contribute where required. I did enquire with the Day Spa (more than once) well before arriving to surprise my girlfriend as an added treat - online and by phone but no return call and yes they were open so this was the only major negative I can mention.Dinner and breaky in the restaurant were excellent, service was slightly below that. (Comments from a qualified chef)PS: clean your bathroom ceilings.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Simonm1972,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
I am sorry about the day spa appointment as sometimes our therapists get really busy with treatments.

We hope to see you back soon while enjoying Day Spa as well.
Thanking You.