Lowest prices for your stay
US$162
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews kids club hotel restaurant balcony room breakfast was included short break pools spa court tennis char bella kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2018

poor experience as we were arriving late i was told key would be in a lock box no 1 and the code to that box and the room no on arrival the given code would not open the box we rang the help no and a man came to open it we were told a different room no the man arrived opened the siad box gave us the key card we went to the new given room no and had many attempts to open the door suddenly a male vioce called from behind the door went back to the help phone once again man came and told us it was the original room we were given office had mad an error take in mind we had just flown in from malaysia had a long drive on an unfamiliar road it was nearly midnight when we arrived very tired this hotel needs a full new staff

Room tip: stay at another hotel i dont know how accor gave this hotel a mercure rating
1  Thank chickabigpond
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Chickabigpond,

Thank you for your comments regarding a recent stay at Mercure Resort Gerringong. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Feedback such as this is not always pleasant to receive, but this has highlighted areas of our operation that require attention, so I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
This feedback has been copied to our management team for review, and this will become the main topic of our weekly communications meeting. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Resort Gerringong, as this is not a true reflection of the service we do provide.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

The room was a great size with a comfortable lounge with plenty of space around the bed, lounge and in the bathroom. It was a bit cool when we stayed but the pools looked very inviting. the gardens and pool areas also looked very well kept. Breakfast was very tasty.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Natureillustration,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Resort Gerringong. I am sure that your feedback will serve as encouragement to our team. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Finally, after many trips around NSW for business I have found the place that has a decent sofa to sit (or in this case lie) on. The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom modern and clean and the sofa....perfect. Helpful people on reception. Wish I was able to stay longer but just one night while travelling through. I will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Siena69a,

Thanking You.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We needed accommodation for one night in Gerringong. We chose the Mecure as there was a discount offer on and it was so close to central Gerringong. Staff were pleasant on check in and out. There were many things I liked about the room-it was spacious, had a balcony and the bathroom was modern. To top it all off there was a kitchenette in our room-complete with fridge/freezer , sink, microwave , kettle and a small selection of tea and coffee. I especially liked the small milk in the fridge! there was also a small amount of cutlery and crockery. Some things I did not like were some minor maintenance issues-some metal stripping had come loose where the carpet met tile and could have been a trip hazard. There was also a large rust / corrosion mark around the bath overflow. We were in a room that had capability for inter-connection with next door room and sound proofing was a bit poor. Overall we had a good stay-enjoyed views of pasture and distant beach. There were 2 pools-but we didn't use these as our stay was mid winter. I was happy to pay what we did for the night $149.00 but I would not have paid more to stay here. I would stay again.

Room tip: I likes the pasture views
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear the positive point on our accommodations and the negatives will soon go away as we have started our refurbishment and our rooms will be upgraded very soon.

It is our hope to see you soon again and enjoy stay in our refreshed resort!
Thanking You.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Booked a stay in the Mercure to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and have regretted it ever since. When we checked in we were informed that the restaurant was unavailable due to two weddings taking place that evening. We were told that an email had gone out to guests staying on the Saturday letting them know the restaurant wouldn't be available - we never received it and no proof was offered that this had ever been done. Also told we should have checked the Facebook page (which I did when I got back to the room but surprise surprise there was no post on there either). And anyway, who would check the Facebook site ahead of a stay to make sure the facilities were available.... Got to the room and there was a room service menu in there so decided on in-room dining and then after go to the bar for a few drinks. Went back to reception to check this was available and told that in-room dining and the bar was unavailable due to the wedding but we could order drinks and they would be brought to us and that we could use any part of the hotel grounds that weren't being used for the weddings (which was a joke as it was a very cold day and extremely windy). I got a bit upset and we were offered a bottle of wine as compensation. We ended up having lunch out rather than go out in the evening. When we got back from lunch we decided to use our Members complimentary drink vouchers (which didn't show any restrictions on these drinks) and ordered spirits. Apparently that is not allowed but as a 'favour' we were allowed them - would have been good to know what the limitations were in the first place. Paid $319 for the room basically as there were no other facilities available. On check-out the lady was rude, had no patience and was miserable with my husband. The invoice was incorrectly processed as a credit card instead of a debit card and we were charged a fee for this. Have subsequently complained to the hotel and the incorrect charge was graciously refunded - big deal! Other than that just a ton of excuses but no attempt to 'win back' our custom. Customer service - nil. I would definitely not recommend this hotel. What was meant to be a special occasion turned into a disaster - not how I want to remember my first wedding anniversary.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Heidihi46
Sweeta P, Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Heidihi46,

At the Mercure Gerringong, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We did have our restaurant closed due to a private function on at the property. I apologies that you were not informed at the time of making your hotel reservation that our restaurant was closed for this private function. We do highly recommend booking for our restaurant as it can sometimes be closed for this reason, or alternatively it can book out also due to high demand. I know that this was disappointing for you however our staff went above and beyond to try and make this up to you during your stay with us. The Accor members drink vouchers do clearly state they are to be used for house wine, beer or soft drink only. The room rates are based on high demand, with Saturdays being peak periods. We did still have all our other facilities available to you including our 2 swimming pools, tennis court and day spa.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.