Lowest prices for your stay
US$166
Free cancellation until 21/10/09
Booking.comUS$166
CheapTicketsUS$167
PricelineUS$167
All reviews kids club hotel restaurant balcony room breakfast was included short break pools spa court tennis char bella kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had a night stay at this hotel before so we were already familiar with it. The location is very good, being close to Berry, Kiama and the beaches.

The room we got had been refurbished and was very comfortable. There was a little kitchenette near the front door and the room was spacious enough for our needs. The pressure from the shower was good. The hotel was overall well maintained. However, a few times when we arrived back to the hotel in the afternoon around 3-4pm our rooms had not been made. It was quickly rectified by room service staff, but we had to wait outside until the rooms were cleaned. Our room was located close to the tennis courts at the other end and was not able to receive the free wifi internet access.

The Bella Char Restaurant & Wine Bar had good food and a nice dining atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs.

We had a wonderful holiday and stay at this hotel resort.

Room tip: Higher floors meant you had to carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Garryf_Sydney
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Garry F,

Thank you for the constructive feedback on our Resort and for your kind words. We are looking into the Wifi issue and soon this will be rectified as well. Apologies for all the inconvenience caused and we look forward to serve you our best services in future.

Thanking You.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My partner booked the Mercure as a surprise for my 30th birthday for 4 nights. When we arrived we discovered that he had booked for the month prior by accident.
While it was our error, I find it extremely disappointing that the Mercure did not attempt to contact us when we did not arrive. Had they called - we would have happily paid the first night, cancelled the rest and re-book for the correct dates.
Management had no interest in helping us because they had already recieved the money via online booking. My partner and I called the General Manager Sarah every second day for a month but the staff always said she was out/unavailable/would call us back.
We ended up staying at the Sebrl Kiama who were appauled by our treatment as it was one of their associated hotels.
Would not reccommend this place to anyone.

4  Thank claroonies
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Claroonies,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Gerringong Resort. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

As you had made your booking through a third party website, we were not provided with your contact details to advise of the no show booking. Our Operations Manager Sarah, did make several attempts to contact you but was unsuccessful in returning your calls, regardless as the issue was actually between you and the third party provider, and not with us as your payment was made to the third party and not direct to the hotel so we could not issue you a refund. We did however go out of our way to work with the third party booking provider to come up with a solution to your being charged for not staying 4 nights.

To avoid issues like this, we do recommend booking direct, or through an affiliated third party provider. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Stayed at the Mercure for a weekend getaway. Unfortunately our stay was a big disappointment. Restaurant looked nice and we were encouraged to book in early as it ‘books out quickly’. Booked in for 7pm which was the earliest we could do. Were seated by the waitress (in a near empty restaurant) who immediately proceeded to tell us all of the menu options *not* available. Prawns not available, chicken not available, gem fish and salmon not available. Hmm that rules out most of the menu. She stands there waiting for us to make our decision on the spot. Please give us a minute to choose. She leaves but not before telling us we need to make our decision quickly as the kitchen closes at 8pm. Seriously? The prices suggest this is a fine dining restaurant but the service suggests otherwise. After a minute or two another waiter comes to our table and asks us for our order. I’ll have the risotto thanks. Sorry we don’t have risotto. Okay I’m sorry but that’s it. We politely decline dinner and go down the road to a cafe where we had an amazing dinner, ironically having risotto and salmon - the two dishes we were hoping for.

As for the room. Beds were uncomfortable and the ‘king’ bed was two beds pushed together and slowly separating as the mattresses were arranged incorrectly so the zippers designed to keep them together were on the outside! Smoke alarm was alarmingly missing, looking like it had been ripped off the ceiling. Bathroom door looked like it had never been cleaned in its life. No lamps, light switch or power sockets near the bed and the alarm clock was across the room on a table with the incorrect time.

This hotel is definitely not 4 star and needs some serious attention by the Accor group. Only giving it 2 stars because the location was nice.

Date of stay: July 2018
3  Thank BigAlTravella
Sweeta P, Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear BigAlTravella,,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am so sorry that our staff made you feel rushed, we most certainly want our guests to feel calm and relaxed throughout our property and really soak up the resort feel. Please also accept my apologies for the limited menu we had on offer that night. Unfortunately we had had an extremely busy night the night prior, and were unable to get more stock in on short notice. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. I am sorry you declined to dine with us, but am glad to hear you ended up with an enjoyable meal at a local establishment.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We booked our stay through bookings.com. Unfortunately something went wrong in the system and we were charged twice for the one room. We spoke to bookings.com who agreed not to change the hotel commission so they could refund the money. We still have not received a refund and by the sounds of it won’t. To top it off the room was dirty and falling apart also we couldn’t check in until 4pm due to “cleaning”. Really poor form don’t recommend.

2  Thank Anthony B
Sweeta P, Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Superdad250,

Thank you for taking the time to let us about your experience at the Mercure Gerringong Resort. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to again express my sincerest apologies.

Without knowing your booking details, if we had received two reservations from booking.com on a restricted, non cancellable rate then we will hold two reservations in good faith. We do try to be flexible when we can however if we are not provided enough time to resell the room then unfortunately we cannot offer free cancellation.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

the resort is lovely however the room was a little less loved and floor sticky upon entering. I asked for it to be cleaning and this happened at the regular time the next day sadly! I went to the bar to get the complimentary drinks and there no one present to serve me. Enquiring at the reception about this a phone call was placed to the bar....I heard the phone ringing in the bar still nobody there! It's a little sad as this resort looks wonderful and the grounds plus tennis court and pools are in great condition. Probably will not stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les C
Sweeta P, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dea Les C,

Thank you for providing us with constructive feedback and for giving us the opportunity to review our service standards and improve. I am so sorry we let you down and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Thanking You.