Lowest prices for your stay
US$204
US$199
PricelineUS$203
Trip.comUS$203
Agoda.comUS$205
All reviews moss vale split level southern highlands the lower level lovely outlook tennis courts a lovely stay great accommodation short break hash browns lounge area large room spent two nights saturday night ducks pond motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

Our room was large and had a wonderful outlook over a park-like garden with a pond and ducks. It was so peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was served in a light-filled room with high ceilings and the same outlook as our room. Although there was not a huge choice for breakfast, everything was served beautifully and was cooked very very well. The staff were personable, very friendly and helpful. We will be staying here again.

Room tip: All rooms have a beautiful outlook.
2  Thank jannaenger
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Staff very friendly, good facilities and peaceful surroundings. Shame restaurant next door was closed but can recommend Bowral Brassiere- especially the duck. Great for relaxing getaway, comfortable room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

I had a king room with a patio headed straight onto the damn- very pretty outlook. The room is tired, dated, peeling carpet, no bed side lamps, hair in the bath, lumpy bed.
Aside from the hair it was reasonably clean. Trading on the name of the Briars, which they haven’t bothered to fix after a fire 3 years ago.
Friendly check-in staff.
For $280 on a Saturday night I’m sure I could have done better. Only stayed one night and didn’t spend much time in the room so it did the trick of giving me somewhere to lay- and that’s about it.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kateaSydney
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Fine. A pretty dam with a fountain in it and lovely grounds. Big king size bed. Comfy and quiet. Happy to have stayed here on a one night break from Sydney during COVID. We came especially to try the restaurant Paste which was great!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy Q
Reviewed 20 August 2020

I needed one night's accommodation in the Southern Highlands on a recent business trip. Usually I can stay with a relative in their retirement village but that is not possible under COVID-19 restrictions. My wife and I had often stayed at Briars Country Lodge in the past but not since the adjacent restaurant (In different ownership) has been closed after a kitchen fire. I booked a room with breakfast by phone and arrived mid-afternoon. I was very impressed with their strict COVID_19 protocols which inspired confidence. My King size room was very well appointed, nice and warm on what was a freezing day. Each room has a private covered patio with table and two chairs overlooking the beautiful park-like grounds, including a lake with fountain, summerhouse and tennis courts. Amenities included TV/Foxtel on a swivel base, sofa, table and chairs, stereo for iPod or iPhone. Breakfast was in the motel's large dining room which also has views over the garden. COVID-19 has meant the end of buffet meals but no need to mourn the loss. The a la carte breakfast was served quickly by very friendly, courteous staff. I had apple juice, fruit with Greek yoghurt, followed by bacon and eggs which were the best I'd had for a long time. Served piping hot on sourdough toast, the scrambled eggs, very tasty bacon, tomato and hash brown were great, washed down by two cups of coffee. There were beautiful birds in the garden including kookaburras, ducks and crimson rosellas. Check-out was by 10.30am which is more generous than many motels. I was told by staff that they were having a Frank Sinatra tribute evening with dinner for up to 50 guests the following weekend - I was very tempted to make a booking but unfortunately wasn't able to get back to the Southern Highlands so soon. I'll certainly stay at Briars the next time I need accommodation in the Bowral Moss Vale area.

Room tip: Every room has a beautiful outlook over the expansive, park-like grounds.
Date of stay: August 2020