Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

I initially wasn’t going to right this review as I can appreciate that everyone has good and bad days, but after sitting on my experience for a little while, I am still left feeling completely shocked and believe that it should be used as a warning for anyone looking to deal with this venue.

My partner and I recently began researching wedding venues. With the circumstances around covid, we understood that lots of planned weddings had been pushed back and a result many venues, vendors and suppliers were getting booked out sooner (some as late as mid 2022). With this in mind we decided that getting married in Late 2022-2023 would give us enough time to find our dream location.

We instantly fell in love with the dreamy venue that was Deux Belettes and were excited to get in contact with the owners to discuss further details and the possibility of organising a viewing the next time we were up in Byron Bay.

Of course, I read through all of the FAQS on the website and researched the venue. Even after seeing all of the negative reviews from past brides about the way they had been treated on their wedding day, the ever changing contract of Terms and Conditions as well as the way that the owner had responded to these reviews in a public forum, I was still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, I know there are two sides to every story and thought that they must just be simply protective of their venue, which is understandable.

I excitedly decided to call the venue and speak to them about their place as well as organising a time to come up and see it, before deciding to book – (even without seeing it I’m 110% sure we would have before this experience).

After ringing the number on the website it took me a few seconds to work out if I had actually called the right place as the lady who answered did not introduce herself (I’m assuming it was Sharon judging by the other reviews on here). I introduced myself and discussed my intentions, that I loved the venue and wanted to organise a time to come and see it. I was lucky to get 2-3 sentences in before began blunty and rudely cutting me off at every attempt to speak thereafter. She said “she is not taking bookings after 2021” – which I understand due to covid, but when I tried to ask if we could organise a time in the future to come to see it, she again cut me off and in her own words said there’s “No point.” A simple “We are not taking booking beyond 2021 due to covid, but call back in a few months and we might be able to organise something” would have been understandable and I would have happily gone on my way. I hung up the phone feeling completely shocked at the tone and manner in which I, a prospective client had just been spoken to within only a 2-minute phone conversation. My colleagues saw my face after the call and new that something was wrong. After relaying the conversation to them – they were also astounded that anyone would speak to someone like that, especially someone simply seeking to learn more about your venue and willing to spend $10k+ to hire it– we all agreed that I had just dodged a massive bullet. If I was feeling shocked and stressed after a 2 minute call with this lady imagine what an already emotionally charged wedding day would have been like.

I hope the owner takes the time to read this review. We’ve all been through things/ are going through things – but that is not a green light for you to talk to anyone the way you spoke to me and have clearly spoke to other brides on what is supposed to be a happy day for them. It doesn’t matter who someone is or ‘how much money they have’, no one deserves to be treated that way. It’s such a shame that for the amount of pride and passion you put into the upkeep of your place that your willingness and openness to talk to people about it doesn’t match.

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank ksophiaa
Reviewed 11 October 2019

We had an amazing time working with Deux Belettes for a wedding we planned and styled on behalf of an overseas client. The venue itself is marvellous and unique in every way and guests were in complete awe from the moment they arrived.

Sharon, Ross, Sven and Elka were wonderful hosts and did everything they could to ensure all the preparations, alongside the wedding went as smoothly as possible. They were unbelievably helpful when it came to all enquiries and we loved how considerate they were when it came to the little touches to show how much they cared.

A big thank you in particular to Elka who went out of her way to research and prepare a traditional Chinese breakfast of congee for the wedding party (who were from China).

Another big thank you to Sven who worked tirelessly from early morning until late night and made sure the grounds looked impeccable. Throughout the day he made sure leaves were raked and all staff and crew properly hydrated with drinks and took care of everyone when they were on their breaks - we couldn't have asked for better hospitality so thank you!

We loved working with Deux Belettes and can't wait to go back to such a unique and stunning venue with a lovely team. Thank you Sharon and the team!

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
sharonne43, Guest Relations Manager at Deux Belettes Country Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Thank you Lilac Zang for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Your planning and styling were exceptional and despite the 40Deg heat on the day.... you kept your cool and everyone else's so that all the guests were able to fully enjoy the wedding experience.
And the masses of orchids were also kept well hydrated so they could also be enjoyed the following morning over a beautiful Chinese breakfast.
Thank you for being a translator extraordinaire and being a conduit to improving Australian Chinese relations. We welcome you and your positive attitude back here again
WO AI NI

Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I am writing this review as information for anyone considering a wedding at Deux Belettes. I found Sharon and Ross very helpful and we had no problems communicating and organising our wedding. Initially hearing the ‘price’ of holding a wedding at Deux Belettes I was a little taken back as it seems a bit pricey comparatively to other venues.
I can honestly say that every penny was worth it. The venue is stunning. We had a wedding party of only 50 and it was perfect and better than I could of ever imagined. There is the price of the venue itself, plus approximately $2000 of extra hireable items such as lighting, chandeliers etc which are optional and then hiring of both the bridal suite and also room for bridal party to get ready in which is about $650 combined. The rooms are large and beautiful. The groomsman have the luxurious granary to get ready in prior to the ceremony and its just gorgeous and photographs as if you are actually in France.
If you are wanting an exclusive french garden villa vibe this really is your venue. The highlight was the dinner party under the beautiful arches. I feel so privileged we were blessed with beautiful weather and even better suppliers. I would like to especially thank Alstonville Florest for her absolutely perfectly executed flowers from her planned brief and also EatDrink Catering as the food and service was exceptional.
The only one negative. I would not recommend the venue’s recommended planner Hayley Cravigan and as you are required a planner for this venue my personal experience was very unpleasant and unprofessional leading upto the wedding. I have never felt so disappointed as the rest of our suppliers were incredible. I am just warning future Brides as I know there are much more personable planners in the Byron Bay precinct. I was let down numerous times and told that my ‘custom poor mans package’ did not include basically anything than styling on the day. $2000 is alot of money to have basically the poorest customer service I have EVER received for anything in my life. Beware.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
sharonne43, Public Relations Manager at Deux Belettes Country Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Hello Michelle and thank you for taking the time to write to Deux Belettes
We know you had a wonderful time on your wedding day because we have some smashing photos.... and seeing you and Ed enjoying a bottle of the VERY best bubbles on our Juliette balcony after all the guests had gone was a beautiful sight. Romeo would have wanted to join you.
It saddens us however that you were not happy with your wedding planner. Hayley is one of many planners who has worked at DB and in the past we have only ever had wonderful reviews of her. Because she is the essence of calmness brides love her and she helps all the suppliers with her gentle approach and always goes above and beyond with little weddings
It is unfortunate that she was not the right fit for you....and we got it wrong in our recommendation.
Your wedding was visually beautiful and that in time you remember all the positive aspects. We extend an invite to you to stay a night at DB for your wedding anniversary and we will provide the champagne and join you on the Balcony.

Reviewed 20 August 2019

My wife and I have just returned from an incredible 3 night stay at Deux Belettes and from the moment we arrived we knew we had found somewhere very special. This is a venue truly like no other. Sharon and Ross were warm and wonderful hosts - despite the unforgettable touches to our suite and the beauty of the surrounding venue, it is their hospitality that will live longest in our minds.

The daily breakfast included in our stay was so enjoyable each morning (starting with freshly squeezed orange juice from their farm, fresh fruit, yoghurt and granola).

The property entices you to stay and relax with a myriad of courtyards and other areas to unwind in, but at the same time provides a launchpad to explore the surrounding towns of Lismore, Alstonville, Byron, Bangalow et al.

Highlight of the stay was meeting their son Sven and being invited to a late afternoon lunch in the courtyard with their wood-fire pizza oven. It's the kind of venue that makes you want to ask a thousand questions, and we spent the next few hours learning their story over a bottle of Moet and some of the best pizzas we'd ever tasted.

Fascinating to hear how their family have slowly transformed the land into a working farm, accommodation and wedding venue brick-by-brick over 30+ years.

We can't wait to return and encourage anyone reading this to book a stay with Deux Belettes.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 2 August 2019

I was looking up Deux Belettes to gather some information for a friend of my daughters. My husband and I eloped in October 2015, while this is a late review 9 our events co-ordinator Tara-Lee did write a review) I did see some negative reviews from other consumers, while I cannot comment on other peoples experiences I would like to speak about ours. Due to unforeseen circumstances my husband and I had to change our elopement date numerous times and even our plane flight up was cancelled and we arrived extremely late and we found Sharon to be completely understanding and supportive. Deux Belettes is a very special place and a part of it is due to the conditions placed on it. Sharon and Ross allowed us to use her kitchen for our chef to make us seafood, allowed the cake decorator to pick some of their flowers to garnish our cake with and when Sharon and Ross knew I had a love of horses actually organised for their horse to be in some photo's with us. After our private dinner Sharon and Ross joined us for a few drinks and lots of laughs. I think if anyone is put off with some of the reviews please ring up Deux Belettes and speak to Sharon about it and you may not like the terms and conditions and it may not be a place for you, if you are the sort of person who likes to wing things then I don't believe that this is the place for you (not that there is anything wrong with winging things). This place is extraordinary and the photo's and our experience is something we will never forget.

Date of stay: September 2018