“Last evening tea and cake!”
Review of Polpeor Cafe

Polpeor Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in The Lizard
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At the end of the Lizard Peninsular
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We went on a little explore of the South of Cornwall on the last day of our holiday. We visited Lizard Peninsula [so we could be the most southerly people in England :)], and stumbled across this little cafe. It doesn't look anything special, but I think that give it is character. We had the chocolate fudge cake and a cream tea and scones. The tea and scones were particularly delicious. The setting is also incredible, overlooking the cliffs to the coves down below. It really is so peaceful and relaxing. Would highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Don't bother with the now commercialised Land's End, another British rip-off. Instead go to the Lizard, natural and unspoilt, wild and beautiful. When you're done exploring nestle down in the Polpeor Cafe. This is a true gem. Don't be put off by the outside, the owners and staff fall over themselves to please. The food is of exceptional quality for a 'cafe' in this situation, usually, they want to take your money and not bothered whether they see you again or not as a heavy footfall is always guaranteed, but here is different. I had a homemade steak/kidney pie and it was just as I remember my granny made, my wife had the chicken, so much of it and very good quality. Great service and the views; Oh the views!
All dishes fairly priced and certainly not expensive.
Highly commendable and a credit to British culinary expertise.
Long may it reign.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since a child (over 20 years) and it’s amazing! The cream teas are the best I’ve had the view makes them so much better though! I’ll definitely be returning next year with my daughter to get her first cream tea!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The location is fabulous on the ‘connoisseurs Lands End’- The Lizard. What I recall decades ago as a very small shack selling fabulous pasties is now a spacious cafe with excellent outside seating right on clifftop overlooking the Old Lifeboat station. The doughnuts are fabulous ... crunchy with doughy inside with lovely jam ... too early in day to have clotted cream as well. Staff excellent. Place meticulously clean. Alas, they give instructions to do pasties the Cornish way, being from Deb’n I can’t agree they tell you correctly.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Must try if you go to lizard point. Usually the tables a filled during lunch. Reasonable prices for excellent food and amazing view.

Date of visit: September 2018