“A little gem.”

Tricky's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tricky's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Redruth
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked just one night stay with our dog last weekend. Our stay was above our expectations and we will definitely stay there again. In fact we tried to book another weekend that we wanted whilst we were there but they were fully booked. We had a beautiful cooked breakfast which we ate in the immaculately tended grounds as we took our dog with us. Dogs aren’t allowed into breakfast but they will allow you to leave the dog in your room or if you don’t want to them the receptionist will look after them. How many places would do that?
It was very friendly and we ate in the hotels pub on our in the evening with my son and his partner who live locally. They had never been there and were impressed with the grounds and the hotel in general and with the quality of food we all had and each of us had different meals which were all stunning. There was a very friendly atmosphere with all the staff and despite the hotel having a wedding on at the time we weren’t disturbed at all.
Would recommend

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Warm friendly atmosphere, live music Friday nights too. Realistically priced and great for a get together

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Approximately, our 10-20th visit here now. Very consistent with various dishes and desserts at a fair price, including drinks. Would recommend. Brought a party of 8 here recently. Food was up to its usual standard. Keep the good work up.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The girls shared the Hunter's Chicken, one of whom declared it too dry. So I tried it and declared it very good, combined with a good salad and great chips.

I had the BBQ burger, not my usual choice. I think I would have loved it on a plate without the buns - they started to fill me up , so I ignored them.
Too much for someone on a (ahem) diet.

It was delicious and I couldn't eat it all - even without the bun.

We 3 shared a chocolate brownie, which was not on the approved diet lists.

Served hot with clotted cream, it was too die for.

Sofia our waitress was very good.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Great meal here this week. Yummy food and generous portions. Clean and comfortable and very affordable.
Loved the special - Cod salad.
Will be back :)