All reviews vista lounge family hotel sea view games room table football leisure facilities tennis courts elemis products comfy sofas amazing views waiting staff private beach hotel is situated lounge area the cliff kids club wonderful hotel
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed here in May, doing a mini tour of cornwall and picked five of the top rated hotels, plus we had a discount for here. This was by far the best stay of the week, lovely hotel with easy parking, wonderful views, steps down to the beach, and the best food we had all week. nice touches in the bathroom, elemis toiletries, comfy furniture, daily newsletter was a good touch, full of info, plus it recommended their cocktails, which we tested and can confirm are great. comfy bed, Spotlessly clean room and bathroom, nice one housekeeping. They phoned us prior to our stay to check on any allergies, how we would like our pillows and any special requests. good base to explore lovely part of Conrwall. Staff are friendly and helpful. loved it and wished we had booked to stay here for the week. will go back soon.

Room Tip: sea views always a good choice
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Steve C, Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear Loobeloo9,

What a great review! I can’t ask for any more than that. Thank you, I will pass on your wonderful comments to the team, especially the housekeepers.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days. Fantastic location, lovely rooms, excellent service and beautiful food. The relaxed atmosphere and attentive staff made this a wonderful place to stay, in particular we would like to thank Holly one of the reception staff for being everything you would want from someone in a front of house position.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear tonyandandrea,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will pass on your glowing comments to Holly and I am sure she will be delighted.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Second time at this fantastic hotel for my wife and I. We love it. There are numerous things that made our stay so good. The location - what a view, the restaurant food in the evening - fantastic. There was a set menu that was available all week (not sure how often this changes) but to accompany that each evening was a variety 'specials' covering starter, main and dessert - we never had the same main meal twice in 7 days. However, for us the best thing about this hotel are the staff. Without exception they are all professional, pleasant, friendly and very helpful. We could not thank them enough. One thing that did not bother us at all was breakfast but did some other guests...previously is was served at your table, now it is a breakfast buffet (supported by a made to order menu at a small additional charge). We preferred this as we could exactly what we wanted for breakfast relatively quickly each morning, but one or two other guests were slightly put out. We had a fantastic week here and would like to thank all the staff in providing such a fantastic base to explore the Lizard.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear kerryokeefe,

What a review. Thank you for taking the time to write your experiences with us and especially your comment and positive feedback about the team. I have to agree that they are all amazing. I take on board your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and am pleased that it suited your needs. It is something relatively new for us, and because of the high number of children staying at the hotel felt it was something we should try.

Thanks again for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

This was our second stay and its mainly due to the perfect location on the cliff top with beautiful sea views and there's easy access onto the coastal path which leads down to a really nice quiet beach, only takes 5 minutes or so to get down there.
The conservatory/lounge is a great place to relax and enjoy the view.
The rooms are comfortable and well equipped. We ate in the restaurant both evenings and the food was excellent.
We used the indoor pool and it was really good, outdoor pool wasn't open, we were there for the first May bank holiday.
The only down side for me is that they don't have a bar, probably due to the fact that they promote this as a family hotel they have hidden a bar away in a room where only the staff go and you have to sit down and wait to be served which is good but i can assure you its not that easy to get served, once i had to get up and grab somone and another time after dinner i gave up and went to bed, i would much rather have a bar to go up to, also they didn't have draught beer, the lager i think may have been on tap but the cider was in a box, like a wine box but this meant it was flat and not very cold, bitter was bottled.
Apart from my small complaint i definitely still recommend this hotel and after all, there is a nice pub in the village.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear PaulAmy2014,

Thank you for posting your review from your stay with us. It’s great to read that you have stayed before and enjoyed it so much you have come back. I understand your comments regarding the bar and apologise for the delay with your drinks service. This is an area that we are currently focusing on and I do hope that we will have a new bar installed very soon.

Thank you again for the review and I do hope you look to come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights last week.

Firstly, wonderful location on cliff top and lounge area has a stunning outlook. The grounds are well looked after and the first view of the Hotel in its grounds is very impressive.
We arrived a little before time but the reception staff were great and we were in our room with a sea view with little delay. The room was clean and well prepared with spare towels for the spa and wonderful big white dressing gowns.

One thing about the room there were no curtains in the bathroom and no nets in the main bedroom window which made it a bit public as the loo overlooked the patio. With the light on at night things in the bathroom were a bit too public for my liking.

Throughout our stay even in the face of obvious kitchen timing problems at dinner time ( two courses took nearly 2 hours which is laid back even for Cornwall) the waiting staff, indeed all the staff were wonderful also the fish man had not delivered that day so most of that was off. The dinner menu was adequate but unchanging except for the specials and I resent paying extra at breakfast for pouched eggs.

This is a VERY family orientated hotel, at which it is very good, but if you have any aversion to children beware there will be a lot of them and a few very well behaved dogs. I personally enjoyed spending some time watching their gladiatorial conflicts in the play area with children trying to feed bits of plastic to another child who 10 minutes before had been completely unknown to them until a concerned parent would swoop in and remove one or the other for etiquette lessons. I personally watched the contests whilst listening to my I phone and the opening track(opus 30) from 2001 the scene where the chimps learn about conflict, it fitted quite well.The Spa was quite nice and she who must be obeyed had a really good session there with some obscure oils and things.
One thing was the hot tub wooden surround in the pool area needs a bit of love the water has discolored the wooden surround.
This hotel in common with many like it, in a building about 100 years old to some would seem a little out of time, a bit like me but we loved it. The floors might creak sometimes like a sailing ship and the plumbing provide unexpected nocturnal entertainment but we will go back.

The staff are superb and my heroine is a young lady who's name escapes me but who just always seem to be there. They could not do enough to help and always with a smile.

We did not visit the cinema so I can't comment on that. The cliff walks to other bays are superb but can be taxing so wear good shoes.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Stephen C

Dear Stephen C,

Thank you for posting your review. We have such a wonderful location and Robert, our Head Gardener, does a great job keeping the grounds looking amazing. I am sorry that you experienced a wait in the restaurant but I do hope you enjoyed your meal when it arrived. We are a family orientated hotel and do have many little'ns running around having a great time, particularly in our Den, hopefully allowing the parents to enjoy 5 minutes to themselves to enjoy the views and a cheeky cocktail. Your comments regarding the team are wonderful and they will be incredibly pleased to read them.

Thank you again and I do hope you come back to visit us again soon.